USB Stick Problems

Hey, one of my USB sticks doesn't work anymore.

The light comes up and windows keeps spamming the inject and eject sound for USB devices.

I can't find the USB drive in my device manager and so on. I tried usbdeview, it's able to detect the old drive letter G I believe.

At this stage, I found out something really weird. If I have my USB stick, the one that doesn't work into my computer, the program

just stops responding. If I plug it out again everything runs smoothly. If I try to see if my UEFI Bios detects it, the bios doesn't even let me start. When I start into the bios without my USB it works fine - plug it in mouse and keyboard stop responding, nothing works.

Testdisk can't seem to find it also. The only program that detected something is usbdeview.

Does someone maybe know how to fix this, or is it impossible?

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Yes, I tried both - sorry for not stating that.

I had a similar problem before from using a USB extender. Are you plugging the USB drive directly into one of the rear ports?

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

I had a similar problem before from using a USB extender. Are you plugging the USB drive directly into one of the rear ports?

Yes, I tried the front panel USB hubs the rear motherboard ports all the same error.

8 minutes ago, CookieST said:

Yes, I tried the front panel USB hubs the rear motherboard ports all the same error.

If it still doesn't work on another computer, then it sounds like the drive is dead. I hope you have backups of any data. :/ 

If you have important data on the drive, you may want to send it to a data recovery company, but they are really expensive.

If you're really desperate and crazy, I'd suggest putting the drive in the oven and trying again. Best to google it first though to get the right temperature and times. (Although this could all go horribly wrong)

I edit my posts a lot.

2 hours ago, MrDrWho13 said:

If it still doesn't work on another computer, then it sounds like the drive is dead. I hope you have backups of any data. :/ 

If you have important data on the drive, you may want to send it to a data recovery company, but they are really expensive.

If you're really desperate and crazy, I'd suggest putting the drive in the oven and trying again. Best to google it first though to get the right temperature and times. (Although this could all go horribly wrong)

Trying to get it open, hard though it's made out of metal.

2 minutes ago, CookieST said:

Trying to get it open, hard though it's made out of metal.

I'm gonna backtrack here and say that I don't recommend cooking it. You can if you like but I have no idea how it will turn out.

I edit my posts a lot.

12 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

I'm gonna backtrack here and say that I don't recommend cooking it. You can if you like but I have no idea how it will turn out.

No, opening it to see if maybe there is something lose or whatever.

Well, I got the USB stick freed from it case, everything seems perfectly intact. When I plug it in the led lights up and such, windows sound "appears" and then nothing.

Programs that analyze the USB buses freeze when I have it plugged in.