Exchange Server

Ok, so I am having an issue with the personal Exchange server i have setup. So on start the server will send messages normally but after about an hour or so it will reduce the receive time to about a 2 hour delay. I have checked DNS, send and receive connectors enabled on all interfaces. This is virtualised in Hyper-V on a decent server. I have run the Test-Mailflow in Exchange Mang. Shell it works internally sending emails to local address on the domain. Outside mail doesn't work, not sure whats happening. Hope this isn't crap explanation..or something simple I am overlooking. 

You get what you pay for.- Me

40 minutes ago, arcticfox159 said:

Ok, so I am having an issue with the personal Exchange server i have setup. So on start the server will send messages normally but after about an hour or so it will reduce the receive time to about a 2 hour delay. I have checked DNS, send and receive connectors enabled on all interfaces. This is virtualised in Hyper-V on a decent server. I have run the Test-Mailflow in Exchange Mang. Shell it works internally sending emails to local address on the domain. Outside mail doesn't work, not sure whats happening. Hope this isn't crap explanation..or something simple I am overlooking. 

I think this might be a little to techy for the "general" sub-forum I think there's a sub-forum for servers isn't there? try moving this to there so the right people can see it.

derp

Just now, Linksys120n said:

I think this might be a little to techy for the "general" sub-forum I think there's a sub-forum for servers isn't there? try moving this to there so the right people can see it.

I couldn't see any really good sub forums, just wanted the biggest audience to see it. I'm frustrated with exchange at this point. I'll move it over there and see where it goes.

You get what you pay for.- Me

#1! Exchange is crap...

#2! Exchange is uber crap!!!

#3 Exchange is super uber crap!!!!!

PS:   We've also set all sent/received connectors to local IPv4, if that helped!

4 hours ago, Heller64bit said:

#1! Exchange is crap...

#2! Exchange is uber crap!!!

#3 Exchange is super uber crap!!!!!

PS:   We've also set all sent/received connectors to local IPv4, if that helped!

Hope you disabled IPv6 through exchange first or it breaks all sorts of things.

Exchange is a great platform, but gets a bad rep from people that deploy it on crappy hardware with not enough cpu and ram. You have to remember it will use almost the same amount of resources to run 100 users as 5 users and then scales from there.

Remember to use the right tool for the right job.