PC doesn't POST with Q-Code 68 (pci host bridge initialization)

So yesterday, my pc was working completely fine. Today I turned it on and it did not POST with the Q-Code 68 (pci host bridge initialization) showing on the motherboard. The code stays there as long as the computer has power.

I tried booting the computer with a single ram stick, changing to a different GPU (a new RX480), clearing the CMOS, but still nothing helps.

I doubt its the PSU since the all of the case fans, CPU cooler fans, GPU fans, and hardrive spin consistently.

System specs:

CPU: Intel core I-7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760

Motherboard: Asus X99-A

PSU: Corsair RM850i

RAM: Balistix 4x4gb quad channel memory @ 2400 Mhz

Storage: Samsung 950 pro nvme ssd 512Gb + 2Tb Toshiba harddrive

The system is 2 years old and have been extremely stable with the overclock.

Any suggestions on what should I try next to solve this issue?

15 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Googled that q-code, because I had no clue at all. Found an interesting but strange post, where someone was talking about thermal paste?!? Skip to the last comment, if it makes sence. He is talking about the X99 itself.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88299-Q-Code-Error-68-Asus-X99-Deluxe-II/page2

Thanks for the quick reply. It is definitely a strange answer but I will try replacing the thermal paste.

p.s. I did Google the code, but nothing very useful came out if it.

2 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Googled that q-code, because I had no clue at all. Found an interesting but strange post, where someone was talking about thermal paste?!? Skip to the last comment, if it makes sence. He is talking about the X99 itself.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88299-Q-Code-Error-68-Asus-X99-Deluxe-II/page2

I tried that but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

• 7 months later...