Installing compression fittings?

If I tighten them at all the tubing pops off so I assume I'm doing this wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Staryday said:

You take off the top part of the fitting then you push the tubing onto the barbed part unless you got the wrong fittings

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

@Staryday Is it soft or hard tubing?

If it's soft tubing, make sure that the tubing is fully over the barb, to the point that it touches the end, and that the leading edge is perfectly even. Then hold it in place as you screw down the fitting, to the point that it is finger tight.

If it's hard tubing, it may not be aligned well enough with the fitting, or it may be too short. It has to fully seat into the o-ring on the inside of the fitting to be properly inserted, and shouldn't be at an angle relative to the fitting.

34 minutes ago, Staryday said:

can you post a picture of your tubing and fittings please

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

30 minutes ago, wzrd said:

If it's soft tubing, make sure that the tubing is fully over the barb, to the point that it touches the end, and that the leading edge is perfectly even. Then hold it in place as you screw down the fitting, to the point that it is finger tight.

If it's hard tubing, it may not be aligned well enough with the fitting, or it may be too short. It has to fully seat into the o-ring on the inside of the fitting to be properly inserted, and shouldn't be at an angle relative to the fitting.

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

can you post a picture of your tubing and fittings please

31 minutes ago, wzrd said:

I did not realize you could fully remove the outer ring. I could not get it through the tubing without doing this. Thanks :)