A dual bay problem...

archaicsmile

I currently own a dual bay hard drive enclosure that is populated by two 1 TB drives. The enclosure does not support hardware based RAID but I would like to have some redundancy. However, I already have some .6 TB stored on one of the drives. Do any of you fine people know of a way that I could get Windows/Mac OS to mirror the first drive on to the second one without formatting the first drive?

Maybe it would be an option to move over that data to another computer for the time being and then transfer back that data afterwards?

Maybe it would be an option to move over that data to another computer for the time being and then transfer back that data afterwards?
Sorry im on my phone and can't press the edit button *I meant to type another hard drive, not necessarily another computer

I would strongly advise towards backing up the data onto another hard drive even if there was a way you could mirror it over and create the raid array because if something goes wrong all you data is gone and software raid is a pain as it is. Get a 1+ TB hard drive of some sort they are not to bad and move it over temporarily and at least one big hard drive is good to have lying around for things like this. You may have to leave it alone for about a day (rough guess) depending on the speed of the hard drives you are using. Data loss is a huge pain so it is a good idea to not take risks with it, but it is a good thing that you are adding some redundancy.