Am I doing this Wrong?!

valkarian

So I'm running a Zotac 1070 mini, and pushing an ultrawide 1080p display in the form of an LG 25um58-p.

Using the included HDMI cable, is my graphic card capable of running without any kinks?

I'm not referring to performance, but rather about whether 21:9 ratio is supported by these 2 products over HDMI.

I'm probably a little stupid because I've watched all the HDMI videos from LTT and still have no clue whatsoever as to whether I'm messing up.

Because ZOTAC support crew certainly is eager to tell me that my GPU does not support ultrawide gaming.

Problem being Monitor does not support the DVI input. Should I be worried or just use a converter?

I installed the recommended drivers, postwhich windows registered it as Ultrawide. Linked via HDMI. Sounds about right?

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Does your graphics card support HDMI 2.0 standard? With that panel you need HDMI 2.0 for that resolution at 60hz frequency.

GTX 1070 supports HDMI 2.0. But even HDMI 1.4 can do 2560×1080 at 60 Hz easily.

Seeing as to how overwhelmingly confident most of the forum users here are of the capability of the card to run at that aspect ratio, I will feel better calling BS on the Zotac support staff. Thanks guys.

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Told you Zotac was blowing smoke up your ads lol.

Maybe if I clench hard enough...?