maximus code with 900d usb 2.0 problem

I'm building a PC with corsair 900d case paired with the maximus code motherboard.  The USB 2.0 header on the motherboard appears to be a 1314 type (?).  However, the corsair 900d appears to have a slot configuration that is incompatible with the motherboard.  In addition, my corsair 115i cooler's USB header is also incompatible.

I looked on elsewhere on this forum about the NZXT USB extender; however, when I watched the installation video, it said that a spare USB 2.0 motherboard header was required for installation, which it seems that I don't have or am I missing something here or how can I verify that the NZXT USB connector will be compatible with the USB header on my motherboard?  Thanks!

20170430_111646.jpg

20170430_111708.jpg

20170430_111921.jpg

20170430_111641.jpg

7 minutes ago, sbslcutah said:

I'm building a PC with corsair 900d case paired with the maximus code motherboard.  The USB 2.0 header on the motherboard appears to be a 1314 type (?).  However, the corsair 900d appears to have a slot configuration that is incompatible with the motherboard.  In addition, my corsair 115i cooler's USB header is also incompatible.

I looked on elsewhere on this forum about the NZXT USB extender; however, when I watched the installation video, it said that a spare USB 2.0 motherboard header was required for installation, which it seems that I don't have or am I missing something here or how can I verify that the NZXT USB connector will be compatible with the USB header on my motherboard?  Thanks!

The ROG EXT is the actual USB 2.0 port not that smaller connector off to the right hand side. 

Image result for usb1314

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was hoping that was the case, but the maximus code manual wasn't clear.  The manual says something like "the ROG_EXT shares pins with the USB 2.0."  It wasn't clear to me what "sharing pins" meant.

Just now, sbslcutah said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was hoping that was the case, but the maximus code manual wasn't clear.  The manual says something like "the ROG_EXT shares pins with the USB 2.0."  It wasn't clear to me what "sharing pins" meant.

Yeah it splits the ROG EXT into two sections a USB 2.0 and an 8 pin section, you can run an USB expander on the USB2.0 if you need more ports.