Need help picking fans for CPU Cooling and case cooling

FatalR
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 hour ago, FatalR said:

The ones I've considered are Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 and Noctua NF-A14. 

Those are among the best of the best and are hard to go wrong with. 

Have you tried just lowering fan speeds though?

53 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

NF-S12B latest and quiester

No, the NF-S12B is older and isn't well suited towards rad use.

My Corsair H100I CPU Cooler has started to sound insanely loud. The fans they come with make an annoying, inconsistent whirring noise. I used a random Insignia fan I had lying around that I used to replace one of the corsair fans and the whirring from the remaining corsair fan became bearable. The fan speed is getting crazy high now which is causing it to sound terrifyingly loud. I want to replace all my fans in my case and my radiator fans with the best, quiet fans out there. Anyone have any suggestions what I should buy? I don't have any knowledge about which fan does what better so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The ones I've considered are Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 and Noctua NF-A14. 

4 minutes ago, FatalR said:

My Corsair H100I CPU Cooler has started to sound insanely loud. The fans they come with make an annoying, inconsistent whirring noise. I used a random Insignia fan I had lying around that I used to replace one of the corsair fans and the whirring from the remaining corsair fan became bearable. The fan speed is getting crazy high now which is causing it to sound terrifyingly loud. I want to replace all my fans in my case and my radiator fans with the best, quiet fans out there. Anyone have any suggestions what I should buy? I don't have any knowledge about which fan does what better so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The ones I've considered are Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 and Noctua NF-A14. 

I was going to suggest a Noctua fan

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I was going to suggest a Noctua fan

Any one in particular? I'm assuming A14 is their latest

1 minute ago, FatalR said:

Any one in particular? I'm assuming A14 is their latest

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Be Quiet! Silentwings are the quietest below ~1600 rpm; Corsair ML120's are the quietest above that. I'd personally go for the ML120's because they have a larger range of speeds and a very nice linear PWM curve.

For case (non-radiator) fans, Arctic F12's have some of the best unobstructed airflow for the noise on any fans despite their silly low price.

1 hour ago, FatalR said:

The ones I've considered are Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 and Noctua NF-A14. 

53 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I just downloaded this software and the RPM is really high for the cooler https://gyazo.com/0e996565de1f1638a8f35b6f6b51e374 and it's never been this high until I bought the 1080 TI. I wouldn't think that getting a new GPU would mess up my CPU? This is also with no game running

17 minutes ago, FatalR said:

I just downloaded this software and the RPM is really high for the cooler https://gyazo.com/0e996565de1f1638a8f35b6f6b51e374 and it's never been this high until I bought the 1080 TI. I wouldn't think that getting a new GPU would mess up my CPU? This is also with no game running

Just lower your fan speeds..?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.