HI peeps,

Sorry for the wall of text firstly, but I have searched the internet for advise to fix my issue, but none seem to have the same setup as I have. so if you would allow me to explain how I have my rig setup, I believe this will aloow the more experienced builders in here advise me correctly. I am not new to building and repairing computers but I am new to UEFI BIOIS and PWM Hubs setups.

The pertinent part of my setup is an ASUS Prime Z270-A motherboard, a Noctua NH-D15 CPU Fan (2 Fan Setup) & a Phantek Enthoo Evolve Case (as it comes with a PWM Hub and 3 Case Fans) ASUS GTX1080 ROG STRIX Gaming Graphic Card (Fans release heat into the case), please note that I have upgraded the UEFI BIOS to the latest too.

RIG SETUP & INFO

I have connected both CPU fans with their Low Noise Adaptors (BUT not without them - as it then does not reach the PWM Hub) and then to the 4 pin PWM Y-cable supplied with the Noctua, this I have then connected to the PWM Fan on location (CN7 fan 5 (BUT I have also tried various other positions on the hub)) with the included 12v sata cable on (BUT also with the cable off). The PWM Hub is connected to the motherboard on the CPU_FAN port (BUT I have also tried the CPU_OPT port.)

UEFI BIOS SETUP & INFO

I have gone to the Advanced Mode>Monitor and I can see the temps of the CPU, Motherboard & PCH fine but not the fan speeds although they are all being monitored ( I guess this is due to not having any fans directly connected to their respective ports).

In the Advanced Mode>Monitor>Q-Fan Config I have tried the following variations to remove the error message. (Extension Fan Configuration is permanently disabled as I do not have the cabler required. Also Chasis Fans Config is Disabled due to all of them controled via PWM HUB)

a) Disabling CPU Q-Fan Control (Note: Fan at full speed)

b) Auto CPU - (Note: Fan at full speed. I have also cycled the CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit through the whole range (Ignored/200/300/400/500/600RPM)

c) PWM - (Note: Fans speed low. I have also cycled the CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit through the whole range (Ignored/200/300/400/500/600RPM)

ISSUE

When I power up the computer all fans respond in all the above hardware configurations and they seem to be working fine, BUT on the POST I keep ony getting an error message "CPU Fan speed error detected. Ensure that the CPU Fan is properly installedn on the CPU_FAN header or adjust/disable the Fan Speed Low Limit option the UEFI BIOS. Press F1 to Run Setup." Regardless of which setup I have tried.

So is there a way for firstly to have all the fans work controlled via the CPU_FAN port in the motherboard & the PWM HUB without the error appearing?

OR

Another alternative setup I would not mind doing is having the CPU Fan controlled directly by the CPU_FAN port (thats easy) & the 3 chasis Fans reacting to the temperature within the computer case (how would I need to set this up both physically & in the BIOS?)

Hopefully someone is willing to read tghis & assist me. Thanks in advance

:)

Sorry, I could not go through every word you mentioned you mentioned, however, as I have recently been trouble shooting my rig as I had some problems, I would like to note the following:

1- From all your parts connect only what is necessary for the PC to boot up. So: Have you MoBo, PSU, CPU, 1x RAM Stick, your OS disk (SSD or HDD), and the Heatsink should be mounted, and connect fan that you surely know is properly working to the CPU_Fan connector on the MoBo. 

2- Check if the System boots up, but make sure that you trust the RAM module mounted to the MoBo. 

3- The issue as I see is not from the CPU, PSU, RAM, or OS disk, but mostly from either: MoBo, Fans, or most probably the Low Noise adaptors.