How Do I Check If I Have RAID 0 SSD Setup Without Going To BIOS?

Go to solution Solved by Daveeede,
Just now, SwervinPersian said:

1 850 PRO (tbh all I know about RAID 0 is that it makes writing/read speeds super fast) Do I need 2 SSD's?

Yes.

I built my pc in Feb, but I think I forgot to setup my SSD in RAID 0, maybe I did it maybe i didn't. How do I check it without going to the BIOS?

Then next question, what is the best way for me now to install RAID 0 if I do not have it on an already built and used pc?

Thanks in advance

P.S. CPU: i5 7600K, GPU: 1070 FE, SSD: PRO 850

How many ssd's does your system have?

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

well when you go to "my computer" does it show two separate drives or does it show one drive 

ex. does it show two 250gb drives or does it show one 500gb drive

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Don't raid 0 SSDs please, while the speed may seem like it's worth it, there is 0 fucking reliability - one of those drives fails and both lose data. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Daveeede said:

How many ssd's does your system have?

1 850 PRO (tbh all I know about RAID 0 is that it makes writing/read speeds super fast) Do I need 2 SSD's?

Just now, SwervinPersian said:

Yes.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

3 minutes ago, mok said:

well when you go to "my computer" does it show two separate drives or does it show one drive 

ex. does it show two 250gb drives or does it show one 500gb drive

It shows 1x 250GB (SSD) & 1x 1TB (HDD)

Just now, Daveeede said:

Yes.

Ok, So just quickly why does it only work with 2?

1 minute ago, SwervinPersian said:

Ok, So just quickly why does it only work with 2?

The whole point of raid is to leverage multiple drives for an increase in speed or reliability. If there was a way to increase the speed of a single drive, manufacturers would be doing it for you.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

It doesn't It can work with any number of drives 2 or more. 

2 of the same drives I assume, so not 1 SSD and 1 HDD?

Just now, Daveeede said:

The whole point of raid is to leverage multiple drives for an increase in speed or reliability. If there was a way to increase the speed of a single drive, manufacturers would be doing it for you.

Thanks man, real helpful

1 minute ago, SwervinPersian said:

2 of the same drives I assume, so not 1 SSD and 1 HDD?

It can work with any combination of drives, but it's generally not a good idea to mix drives, especially HDDs and SSDs in RAID. The HDD would limit the speed of the array, rendering the already small benefits of RAID 0 non-existent. 

EDIT: As a side note, could I request you change your avatar? It's the same as a long term member here so at first I was wondering why you needed to ask this question, thinking you were @tmcclelland455

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It can work with any combination of drives, but it's generally not a good idea to mix drives, especially HDDs and SSDs in RAID. The HDD would limit the speed of the array, rendering the already small benefits of RAID 0 non-existent. 

EDIT: As a side note, could I request you change your avatar? It's the same as a long term member here so at first I was wondering why you needed to ask this question, thinking you were @tmcclelland455

Yeah other people using my avatar has almost gotten me wrapped up in shit that they caused on a few occasions. :/ 

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)