First time building, would like some help.

bbbooo3

My goal is a PC with an emphasis on rendering and some gaming in the 1500$ range.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x L3 / 3.4GHz-3.8GHz / 8 core, 16 threads / 16 MB Cache / AM4 Socket
GPU: XFX Radeon RX-RX-480P8DBA6, 8GB, GDDR5, 256 bit, PCI-e3
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350M-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DIMM, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15, 1.35V, XMP 2.0
Power: Cooler Master B500 V2, 500 W, PFC Active
SSD: AMD Radeon R3, 480GB, 2.5'', SATA III
I am very paranoid about the compatibility of the parts, please tell me it can work!
I don't know how to find a case that will fit, or will just any case fit?
Mostly i'm stumped on the cooling - Do i need to get a separate fan for the CPU, GPU and the back of the case? And if i also want to overclock to 3.8?
I have 325$ left at my disposal, Thanks in advance! :)

Work? Yes

1. Get 1700 non x, they oc to the same degree

2. I am little skeptical about the SSD, you don't need an AMD drive in an AMD system, it won't give you extra bonus

3. Bad PSU, switch to Corsair CXM or Seasonic S12II

4. Case fan is fine

5. The stock cooler on 1700 is fine if you don't go crazy, else look at Cryorig H5/R1, Noctua NH-D14/D15, Be Quite Dark Rock 3/Dark Rock Pro 3

11 minutes ago, bbbooo3 said:

My goal is a PC with an emphasis on rendering and some gaming in the 1500$ range.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x L3 / 3.4GHz-3.8GHz / 8 core, 16 threads / 16 MB Cache / AM4 Socket
GPU: XFX Radeon RX-RX-480P8DBA6, 8GB, GDDR5, 256 bit, PCI-e3
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350M-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DIMM, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15, 1.35V, XMP 2.0
Power: Cooler Master B500 V2, 500 W, PFC Active
SSD: AMD Radeon R3, 480GB, 2.5'', SATA III
I am very paranoid about the compatibility of the parts, please tell me it can work!
I don't know how to find a case that will fit, or will just any case fit?
Mostly i'm stumped on the cooling - Do i need to get a separate fan for the CPU, GPU and the back of the case? And if i also want to overclock to 3.8?
I have 325$ left at my disposal, Thanks in advance! :)

Use PCPartpicker. It'll help with compatibility. 

I recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zNsGD8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zNsGD8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($318.33 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($73.59 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($88.58 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1476.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-16 18:29 EDT-0400

If you have some spare cash, upgrade the SSD. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, quote me.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

--

Are you planning on gaming?

if so, the i7 7700k is better and cheaper. to save even more, the i5 7600k is cheaper and basically as good in games as the i7.
(not trying to be an intel fanboy, it's just the truth)
if you were to get either of those cpus, I'd recommend a z270 motherboard.

This isn't a necessary switch, however. if you'd rather stick with amd, the 1700 is a far greater value with effectively the same performance.

the motherboard would be better suited to overclock if you go with the x370 chipset instead.

If you live near a micro center, it's worth it to drive there and get your cpu. they sell them for less than MSRP. it's crazy.

--

gpu looks fine, maybe a little underpowered considering the cpu.

ram is fine, amd will benefit from faster ram however.

psu is shady, evga 500B/600B would be fine and they're both solid psus.

you can save some money on the ssd by going with basically anyone else, but the general consensus around here is that samsung ssds are the way to go. m.2 ssds are also significantly faster.

A case only has to be as big as the motherboard (unless it's an ITX build), but can be larger. Mini ITX, micro ATX, and full ATX (smallest to largest) are really all you can find in terms of motherboards nowadays. Looks may or may not be a big deal to you, and case decision is the most subjective part of your PC build. My recommendation is fractal design's core series cases - budget-friendly, sturdy, and a dream to build in considering the cost. There are a lot of bad case manufacturers out there, watch out for that and look at reviews before you buy.

The CPU cooler should be either a tower or a liquid AIO system at your budget. Liquid coolers generally perform better and fit in more cases. Tower coolers can be less expensive and are generally quieter. As for fans, you don't have to worry about buying extras.

My recommended builds:

AMD:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rcNCkT

Intel:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NRRWCy

Woo!

Really appreciate the fast replies! Great community.
@deXxterlab97@N3v3r3nding_N3wb@Wiflare
PSU: should be less shady with Seasonic s12ii-620 bronze 620w
SSD: The only alternative i can get is a Western Digital Blue/ 500GB / SATA M.2 at basically the same price (i am fairly limited when it comes to parts due to location)
GPU: You did suggest it is underpowered, but i don't really want to spend too much money there. However, I do already own a spare PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDue GPU, that i can maybe combine with another bit cheaper GPU for better results?
@Wiflare

Sorry, but why are the intel ones better for gaming? Isn't the Ryzen a more powerful processor because of the core and thread number? As far as i know games don't demand a lot from the processor, but i'm no expert.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, bbbooo3 said:

Really appreciate the fast replies! Great community.
@deXxterlab97@N3v3r3nding_N3wb@Wiflare
PSU: should be less shady with Seasonic s12ii-620 bronze 620w
SSD: The only alternative i can get is a Western Digital Blue/ 500GB / SATA M.2 at basically the same price (i am fairly limited when it comes to parts due to location)
GPU: You did suggest it is underpowered, but i don't really want to spend too much money there. However, I do already own a spare PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDue GPU, that i can maybe combine with another bit cheaper GPU for better results?
@Wiflare

Sorry, but why are the intel ones better for gaming? Isn't the Ryzen a more powerful processor because of the core and thread number? As far as i know games don't demand a lot from the processor, but i'm no expert.

Thanks!

WD blue ssd is good

That psu is better 

R7 1700 can overclick to match 1700x oc performance.

Intel has higher clock speed and better aingle threaded performance. Games don't use that much amount of cores. An i7 7700k would better for gaming only but for rendering and editing a ryzen wins

12 hours ago, Wiflare said:

--

Are you planning on gaming?

if so, the i7 7700k is better and cheaper. to save even more, the i5 7600k is cheaper and basically as good in games as the i7.
(not trying to be an intel fanboy, it's just the truth)
if you were to get either of those cpus, I'd recommend a z270 motherboard.

This isn't a necessary switch, however. if you'd rather stick with amd, the 1700 is a far greater value with effectively the same performance.

the motherboard would be better suited to overclock if you go with the x370 chipset instead.

If you live near a micro center, it's worth it to drive there and get your cpu. they sell them for less than MSRP. it's crazy.

--

gpu looks fine, maybe a little underpowered considering the cpu.

ram is fine, amd will benefit from faster ram however.

psu is shady, evga 500B/600B would be fine and they're both solid psus.

you can save some money on the ssd by going with basically anyone else, but the general consensus around here is that samsung ssds are the way to go. m.2 ssds are also significantly faster.

A case only has to be as big as the motherboard (unless it's an ITX build), but can be larger. Mini ITX, micro ATX, and full ATX (smallest to largest) are really all you can find in terms of motherboards nowadays. Looks may or may not be a big deal to you, and case decision is the most subjective part of your PC build. My recommendation is fractal design's core series cases - budget-friendly, sturdy, and a dream to build in considering the cost. There are a lot of bad case manufacturers out there, watch out for that and look at reviews before you buy.

The CPU cooler should be either a tower or a liquid AIO system at your budget. Liquid coolers generally perform better and fit in more cases. Tower coolers can be less expensive and are generally quieter. As for fans, you don't have to worry about buying extras.

My recommended builds:

AMD:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rcNCkT

Intel:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NRRWCy

The i5 is completely maxed in most games.  It has no value for the future, and you can't be doing any multitasking, really, because it'll hurt your game's performance.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

The i5 is completely maxed in most games.  It has no value for the future, and you can't be doing any multitasking, really, because it'll hurt your game's performance.

I suppose that is so. the i7 still performs pretty darn good http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2822-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-review-premiere-blender-fps-benchmarks/page-7

Woo!