What is Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control? And do I need it?

Go to solution Solved by snortings,
1 minute ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Hi guys,

I already found that myself before posting but I still don't understand if I need it or not.

i.e. Is it compatible with i5 6200U? That is the main reason as to why I posted as I cannot find any information on if I should be using it with the 6th Generation skylake cpu I have.

Ah alright.

Well if ya want it to "reduce active power to deliver better battery life and allows deeper lower power states to be reached," then keep it xD

Tbh I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just uninstall it cause I couldn't be bothered to use it and its just taking up space so :P

Hi all,

What is Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control?

AND ... do I need it on a Dell Inspiron 5759 with an Intel i5 6200U?

Thanks

Corsair 750D Case | Antec HCP850W PSU | Asus P6T | Intel i7 920 @ 4GHz with Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 | 
2x 4GB G Skill PC3-12800 | EVGA GTX760 2GB | s/g 480GB SSD + 2TB + s/s 250GB SSD | Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS

Hi guys,

I already found that myself before posting but I still don't understand if I need it or not.

i.e. Is it compatible with i5 6200U? That is the main reason as to why I posted as I cannot find any information on if I should be using it with the 6th Generation skylake cpu I have.

Corsair 750D Case | Antec HCP850W PSU | Asus P6T | Intel i7 920 @ 4GHz with Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 | 
2x 4GB G Skill PC3-12800 | EVGA GTX760 2GB | s/g 480GB SSD + 2TB + s/s 250GB SSD | Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS

1 minute ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Hi guys,

Ah alright.

Well if ya want it to "reduce active power to deliver better battery life and allows deeper lower power states to be reached," then keep it xD

Tbh I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just uninstall it cause I couldn't be bothered to use it and its just taking up space so :P

I think I am agreeing with you with the latter. Windows can handle the frequency itself via the power options anyways right?

Just now, pete_agreatguy said:

I think I am agreeing with you with the latter. Windows can handle the frequency itself via the power options anyways right?

Yeah if your laptop supports it (my old school laptop didn't but my new one does).

I'd just let the laptop handle it with its powermodes because I'm lazy :)

Just now, snortings said:

Yeah if your laptop supports it (my old school laptop didn't but my new one does).

I'd just let the laptop handle it with its powermodes because I'm lazy :)

Thanks @snortings, answers my query. I'll not bother installing it. It came with a bunch of "dell apps" which were a waste of time as windows had all of the features built in anyway.

Just now, pete_agreatguy said:

Thanks @snortings, answers my query. I'll not bother installing it. It came with a bunch of "dell apps" which were a waste of time as windows had all of the features built in anyway.

Not a problem, glad I could help :)

Yeah I just uninstall most of the software that comes with laptops (from dell etc).