Front panel with audio output

Hi there,

My motherboard doesn't have any soundchip.

My question is: Will I get any audio on my head phones eg. When I connect a frontpanel to the board?

what mobo

3 minutes ago, Benedoge said:

Hi there,

My question is: Will I get any audio on my head phones eg. When I connect a frontpanel to the board?

What motherboard do you have? It must be ancient to have no "sound chip".

Furthermore, what's the Front Panel audio I/O plugged into? Is it plugged into your motherboard? Is it plugged into nothing?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, Benedoge said:

Hi there,

What do you mean it doesn't have any soundchip?

I can practically guarantee that any motherboard made in the past 7 years has integrated sound somewhere (though the quality may differ a lot)

That being said, what's your mobo?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

On 29.3.2017 at 10:27 PM, bob51zhang said:

What do you mean it doesn't have any soundchip?

I can practically guarantee that any motherboard made in the past 7 years has integrated sound somewhere (though the quality may differ a lot)

That being said, what's your mobo?

My Mobo is a  Intel s5000 palr

Seeing as that's a server board, you won't have anywhere to plug the front panel audio header in. You need either a PCIe or PCI sound-card, depending on what sockets you have and aren't using, or a USB sound-card.

34 minutes ago, Benedoge said:

My Mobo is a  Intel s5000 palr

Agreeing with @anothertom

Not only is it a server board, but it launched in Q2 2006. So yeah, get yourself a sound card if you want sound, or if your GPU supports sound (I know nvidia cards through HDMI will work) that should work as well.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!