dualshock 4 with nvidia shield?

hey guys, i just got a shield and i like it it but i want to start using console mode, and im not too keen and the bluetooth controller nvidia recommends. the xbox one controller is not bluetooth so thats out and im willing to give this controller a shot. so i was wondering if anybody here has tried this or know of anybody that has? ive tried serching it but very few people have done it.

Thanks

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I am in the same boat as you. I want to use either the Xbox or PS controller not the Nyko pad Nvidia recommends. Here is an article on getting the PS4 controller to work with the Shield: http://www.slashgear.com/ps4-dualshock-4-compatibility-testing-hands-on-steam-to-android-08304748/

I do know that with the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers the D-Pad doesn't work when connected.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the same boat as you. I want to use either the Xbox or PS controller not the Nyko pad Nvidia recommends. Here is an article on getting the PS4 controller to work with the Shield: http://www.slashgear.com/ps4-dualshock-4-compatibility-testing-hands-on-steam-to-android-08304748/

I do know that with the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers the D-Pad doesn't work when connected.

Hey man I finally tested it out , the dual shock 4 works when its plugged in with the USB , I'm still trying to figure out the Bluetooth

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled