Asus Strix RX 480 08GB

Ars0nist

Hello!

I need help with my Asus Strix RX 480 O8GB graphics card. Card is idle at 45-50 °C. Is it safe?

I see very weak performance in games as well. Almost every game sets graphics settings to medium, which I should be able to play at max with no problems. Is there problem with graphics card driver? I have it updated on latest, butr there is one thing I noticed when i installed them, when installation was complete, drivers crashed for no reason. I have installed new Windows and so on. Maybe there are global options in Crimson driver to tweak with voltage? Because I have everything left on auto. 

It is paired with i5 6600K so there is no bottleneck, im sure.

Thanks in advance.

Contact ASUS. Your card is probably faulty. 

idk

Did you upgrade from a previous card? Maybe try DDU to do a clean wipe of drivers then reinstall them?

If not then yeah probably faulty, my 480 doesn't struggle with max settings

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Will try DDU then. Which one should i install then? -Crimson ReLive Edition 7.2.1 (513 MB) or - Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.3 Optional. Or should i use auto detect for installing my drivers.

There is also a problem when installation is done it gives me two options -restart now, -exit. If I click any of them no matter what it pops up thats its not responding and then i need to restart my computer manually. Maybe there is a problem that my sriver is not installed properly. :(

i always tend to use the one that doesn't say optional :P But that's just me

And oh :/ that doesn't sound good, that sounds like an OS issue but you say you have reinstalled and it still happens?

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

2 hours ago, Ars0nist said:

Hello!

I need help with my Asus Strix RX 480 O8GB graphics card. Card is idle at 45-50 °C. Is it safe?

I see very weak performance in games as well. Almost every game sets graphics settings to medium, which I should be able to play at max with no problems. Is there problem with graphics card driver? I have it updated on latest, butr there is one thing I noticed when i installed them, when installation was complete, drivers crashed for no reason. I have installed new Windows and so on. Maybe there are global options in Crimson driver to tweak with voltage? Because I have everything left on auto. 

It is paired with i5 6600K so there is no bottleneck, im sure.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I also have a 480. 40-50c is great, my card often runs at 60 idle, and around 80-85 in game. However, my card is overclocked and I have a custom fan curve. If you want to maximize performance, you should copy what i have down. I am very close to crashing however, and you may experience some artifacting. You will need MSI afterburner for this. Also, the default radeon drivers are known to crash. MSI afterburner is not, and it will allow you to tweak the voltage alone if you are not interested in overclocking. Keep in mind that this may void your warranty if you go outside the allowed clock speeds, and you should google it to make sure, but last i checked this is 100% safe.

3rtrt.PNG

ghfgh.PNG

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

2 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

i always tend to use the one that doesn't say optional :P But that's just me

And oh :/ that doesn't sound good, that sounds like an OS issue but you say you have reinstalled and it still happens?

Yes, I have reinstalled and it still happens. Driver is up and working somehow and it shows me everything. I have no idea what is wrong. :/ 

1 hour ago, Nickathom said:

Hey, I also have a 480. 40-50c is great, my card often runs at 60 idle, and around 80-85 in game. However, my card is overclocked and I have a custom fan curve. If you want to maximize performance, you should copy what i have down. I am very close to crashing however, and you may experience some artifacting. You will need MSI afterburner for this. Also, the default radeon drivers are known to crash. MSI afterburner is not, and it will allow you to tweak the voltage alone if you are not interested in overclocking. Keep in mind that this may void your warranty if you go outside the allowed clock speeds, and you should google it to make sure, but last i checked this is 100% safe.

3rtrt.PNG

ghfgh.PNG

Thanks man. I will try with that. How about custom fan curve in the Crimson driver or is that same? 

2 minutes ago, Ars0nist said:

Thanks man. I will try with that. How about custom fan curve in the Crimson driver or is that same? 

The fan curve in the crimson drivers arent very nice, and they almost never work right. I made this fan curve in MSI afterburner. Youll find it in the settings. However, it is also pretty loud, so you may want to tune it down if you are alright with your thermals.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

7 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

The fan curve in the crimson drivers arent very nice, and they almost never work right. I made this fan curve in MSI afterburner. Youll find it in the settings. However, it is also pretty loud, so you may want to tune it down if you are alright with your thermals.

Alright. Thank you very much for your help! :) I really hope this will make difference.