Buying a new monitor

jimmy

Alight i am finally upgrading my monitor from an old 19 inch tn panel (not sure what brand) i have had this monitor for over 6 years! and plan to have this new one for another. My price point stops at $200 Au and i am looking for a 23 inch monitor. It will be mainly used for watching movies, playing games and photo editing. I really what an IPS monitor because of the colors but im too afraid of the response time will effect watching movies and gaming though motion blur and lag. I need suggestions on monitors both IPS and LCD.

Please Help!!

IPS panel are really fast these days, even the low end entry-level monitors.

The problem is that your budget is too low for any IPS panel. LG has 23inch IPS panels entry level, check them out, I don't know their price in Australia, but these are cheapest you can go. If it's out of your budget, then I am afraid it will be TN for you, or you need to increase your budget.

Check out the LG PS234V-PN.

Well I just checked and 200 AUD is almost 700 PLN (my currency), and I would recommend to you Dell U2312HM which I bought 1,5 years ago for 800 PLN (idk how much it is now).

I use it mainly for gaming and watching videos, and it's perfect for that. It has input lag that you can't notice and 5ms response rate which doesn't make any problems when playing FPS games. It's 23 inches, IPS, and you can adjust it how you like, height, pivot etc. Great display for the money.

hi,I will take this post as imm also looking for new monitor, and as Linus pointed out the Acer H236HLbid looks great, nice price is 1080 ips panel, but I was looking for the benq gw2750hm itss bigger also 1080 VA panel. The usage will be the same as posted, the 27 inch is a big like but the ips panel also, what you guys think you would take home and why. Benq is like 50 euros more thats almost 80 usd

I think VA panel is too slow for gaming. Ghosting may occur.