Help! Playing Modern games, Streaming Twitch, Watching Netflix

So as the Title says, I'm interested in getting rid of my old i7 2700k Sandybridge gaming PC (which i built like 4-5 years ago) and now am looking to update.

Currently I play modern games. Here's a short list so you get the idea.

CS:Go, World of Tanks, LOTRO, The Division, Ghost Recon, Battlefield 1, Starwars Battlefield, and a few hundred steam games. Such as Conan, or Torchlight 2, Trine 3.... you get the point.

Anyway. I Mainly play games on this pc.   But I'd like to start streaming my game time.  I have a 2 - 3 monitor setup. (currently 2 but would like to upgrade to a 3 sometime soon).

My Hardware is currently using a GTX970.   I'm watching Netflix normally on 1 monitor (when not streaming) and gaming on the 2nd.   When I stream it would be on 1 monitor and game on the 2nd.

So..  Currently I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard and processor & ram.   I currently am using a Samsung SSD 850 grey and as i said am still going to use my 970 for now.

I would say 95% of the time i'm gaming.  streaming/watching netflix or twitch.  I would NOT say i'm doing word processor, excel or anything work releated on this system. mainly 95% for gaming.

What would you guys recommend for me for a setup for a new motherboard and processor. Would RYZEN benefit me with my play style.

How much would you like to spend?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

How much would you like to spend?

Ideally I'm fine with $500-600 for the upgrade.  (remember for now i'm looking to possibly keep my 970) as long as it makes sense.

edit:

Let me just say though, if it makes no sense to SPEND that to not get much of a improvement then i'm not going to do it. I'm looking to maximize my results on cost.. not pay the most and get the most..  make sense?

How about Ryzen or Kaby Lake, are you interested in the new processor lineups?

Just now, Aaron Duce said:

How about Ryzen or Kaby Lake, are you interested in the new processor lineups?

Absolutely, that's the point of this post. I'm trying to see what does the public think would benefit me more.. for my usage.  I'm down with anything.  I'm just curious as to what with my play style and usage. What people think i should be getting.

You could get an i5 7600k or an i7 7700k if you want to splash a bit more on it. Also I think a GTX 1060 or 1070 would be a good shout especially if you're gonna stream games like ghost record and division that could be quite demanding

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

excellent, thank you for that opinion.  I appreciate you taking the time to put that together. Although now i must ask.. is it worth the small increase for me to goto 1700x? hmm

Just now, Jon K. said:

excellent, thank you for that opinion.  I appreciate you taking the time to put that together. Although now i must ask.. is it worth the small increase for me to goto 1700x? hmm

Just remember if you're getting an AMD cpu you're going to need a new Mobo aswell 

Just now, Jon K. said:

get a good mobo and overclock it 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I'd get a X370 just in case he can/want/need to SLI his 970

yes, i agree, Ryzen with an X370 board is perfect. If you look at the benchmarks compared to Intels 6700k and 6900k it is amazing price for performance for your usage.

3 minutes ago, Terra-ll said:

You could get an i5 7600k or an i7 7700k if you want to splash a bit more on it. Also I think a GTX 1060 or 1070 would be a good shout especially if you're gonna stream games like ghost record and division that could be quite demanding

Could most likely grab a used 970 for less than 1060/1070, so would SLI that instead. And it's very likely he still does 1080p gaming.

wonderful thank you. I'll Look at throwing that together here and i'll repost.. Let me see. Thank you all.

Just now, The Norse said:

Could most likely grab a used 970 for less than 1060/1070, so would SLI instead. And it's very likely he still does 1080p gaming.

this is true i would 1080p game.  and I was thinking of doing this in SLI.

Just now, The Norse said:

Could most likely grab a used 970 for less than 1060/1070, so would SLI instead. And it's very likely he still does 1080p gaming.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a single 1070 better than 2 970s? I know that one 1080 is better than 2 980s so....

Just now, Jon K. said:

Ok, So here's my overall.. what do you guys think. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m4BKxY

Base on your opinions does this look about right? I'd maximize my production with this build?

Yup!

4 minutes ago, Terra-ll said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a single 1070 better than 2 970s? I know that one 1080 is better than 2 980s so....

in 4k and VR, sure. But for bang per buck picking up a second 970 for like 80-90 dollar would be better imo, specially if he's still doing gaming at 1080p and lower. It's slightly better preformance than a 1070 for 1/4th the cost.*

*At least in the benchmarks I could find.

5 minutes ago, Jon K. said:

Ok, So here's my overall.. what do you guys think. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m4BKxY

Base on your opinions does this look about right? I'd maximize my production with this build?

Now you just gotta overclock that 1700 ;) But ye looks good.

25 minutes ago, The Norse said:

Now you just gotta overclock that 1700 ;) But ye looks good.

will do thank you!

Just now, Jon K. said:

also after looking at this.. looks like amazon has the same thing 3 bucks more but comes with a cooler? am I wrong with this?

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Cooler-YD1700BBAEBOX/dp/B06WP5YCX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490122950&sr=8-1&keywords=AMD+RYZEN+7+1700+3.0GHz+8-Core+Processor

It does come with stock one but if you want better oc you sould get something different