AMD v/s Intel

Go to solution Solved by ZackCodesAI,

It's proved then, that atleast AMD is competing Intel head to head. Good thing for emerging market..

Ryzen 1800x v/s Intel 7700K  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What will you go for as a Gamer (considering that future games are developing to support multicore support and AMD is fixing with updates)

• Ryzen 1800x`
    • Intel 7700k
    • Other (Please mention below)

5 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

What you're working with it? I wanna know more about it.

Also, I think it;s more of a software problem, which may get fixed and stabilize in future update? 

Like incompatibility?

Programs which use AVX2 instructions. From what I can see the Ryzen architecture requires multiple cycles to complete these tasks cutting performance in half.

The programs themselves may need a total rewrite for Ryzen, and for most won't happen. Particularly for some scientific programs where there isn't any software support (written by someone who no longer works in the field) and the software would need to be re-validated if it were altered and/or previous data sets repeated.

On my home computers I primarily do a lot of x265 encoding with a few filters, and the R7 1700 takes about 50% longer to complete these encodes than my i7 6900K, and wasn't really an upgrade from my old i7 3930K. The 1700 is much more power efficient than the 3930K though.

I still have a few more workloads to throw at the Ryzen, such as ray tracing, before I determine how I am going to get the best use out of it.