I need Help

I have a very slow laptop. I think it is because of very old HDD. So I will replace it with Samsung's SSD which I will buy from amazon India. So I hope I can get windows from local store. So my doubt is will I require to download drivers??

I will be thankful to those all who who reply...

1 minute ago, Krishna Dev said:

I have a very slow laptop. I think it is because of very old HDD. So I will replace it with Samsung's SSD which I will buy from amazon India. So I hope I can get windows from local store. So my doubt is will I require to download drivers??

Storage drives dont require the user to install rivers

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

1 minute ago, UberGamerKing said:

Storage drives dont require the user to install rivers

I think he asked about the hardware drivers.

No drivers are needed from my expirence i just slotted the drive staright in.

might be worth looking online for a windows key, normally you can find them at a good price and you can download windows 10 installation on the microsoft site and it has instructions on how to put it onto a usb

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

if you're talking about replacing the boot drive, then yes, you do need the drivers, but usually after a clean install of windows, it automatically installs drivers by auto detection, but usually the drivers are out of date so it's best to install them online. If you plan on just copying the drive to the ssd, you don't need to do anything.

linus sex tips

3 minutes ago, Krishna Dev said:

Every Laptop manufacturer will give you a recovery media or else will ask you to create one through its software. Make sure you are having recovery Media and then just replace your Hard disk with SSD and in Recovery Media select Restore system or clean install or any other similar option. Don't want the bloatware no problem just install Windows from ISO file download through Windows Media Creation Tool you'll have a clean install of Windows with no bloatware then download drivers for your laptop from website and install it thats it. You shouldn't have any activation issues if you do you can post it but you will not have if you have first contact phone support and tell them the code displayed and Windows will get activated.

4 minutes ago, Janner558 said:

might be worth looking online for a windows key, normally you can find them at a good price and you can download windows 10 installation on the microsoft site and it has instructions on how to put it onto a usb

If the laptop already came with Windows then why does he need Windows key. Windows should get activated automatically or else you need to activate it through phone. Laptops come with OEM key so no need to buy Windows key you can use that key as long as you didn't change your motherboard. Well if it came with DOS or Linux then he may need to do what you said.

16 minutes ago, Krishna Dev said:

So I hope I can get windows from local store

What do you mean by that if your laptop already came with Windows don't do that as Local Stores charges only 200-500 Rs but will install pirated copy(sometimes they may not but we cant trust them) even though it gets activated as there is already OEM key the copy is pirated. If you need phone activation they just don't do it(unless he is an honest person) they turn off updates or will use Activation software. Just don't go to store for Windows do it on your own there are many tutorials online. Even if Windows didn't come with your laptop don't do that as you can get Windows keys on sites such as ebay(.com is cheaper than .in) and other sites. If it came with Windows follow my before post.

yes u will be able to download drivers from ur laptop manufacturers website. just google ur laptop model, go to the manufacturers website page for that model..u will find download driver links

You don't need any drivers to install a HDD/SSD in your PC. But you need to do some other things to set up your SSD. This video might help you.

video (Windows 7):

video (Windows 10):