My experience from the PS4 to pc gamer transition

JLH-2012

(Heads up my English is bad, how ironic that I'm English though, but hey ho)

So recently I built a low-medium end PC build, this was due to the two main friends who I play with decided on doing that. So after a little bit of convincing I decided that I'd do it. 

So I built a system that doesn't really have any issues. 

It's a I5-3470 

Strix RX 470 4gb 

And 8gb ram

It's nothing fancy but it does its job. 

Anyway I sold my PS4 to get the graphics card. And I thought I'd be missing it. But turns out , the transition was amazing (only real downfall is iv downgraded chair so I'm quite uncomfortable, but that will be rectified in the coming week) 

So I'd like just to let people thinking this is a posible idea for them.

First of all, a computer isn't expensive to build (my second main concern), for the computer with no gar pics card cost me alittle over £200 with a bit of searching and deal hunting. Only way you get a high price is if your aiming for a top tier computer and want to OC (over clock).

Secondly, will it run the games I play (my main concern) but if you do your researchand see how each thing performs. Then you will most likely get the benchmarks you seen give or take a few frames. Plus if you spend about the price as a new games console you can create something more powerful than a PS4. 

Finally the mouse and keyboard transition, for me who's only really been gaming on pc for about 2 weeks I can say it's so easy when you get the hang of it. But there's alternatives. For example you can get controllers. 

That's just a brief overview of my transition and a few facts for people who are in a similar situation. I know there's more but I'm sure people with more time and experience can answer more questions.

6 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

for the chair situation... avoid gaming chairs. just look for a good office chair, chairs that are designed for ergonomics and long-term sitting. 

Yeh not going for the "Gaming set up"just want good comfy things that fit well with my behind :)