BF1 They Shall Not Pass?

WindowsXP16

I just want to clarify, I'm probably not going to get the DLC and some of yous might not as well. What happens to the people with no DLC and the ones with the DLC. Would the BF1 community split like certain servers for the DLC owners and the same old servers for the non-DLC owners. Its a bit bothersome that EA would release such awesome content as a DLC. 

Edit: Would the non DLC owner still get access to some DLC content like the weapons?

4 minutes ago, WindowsXP16 said:

I just want to clarify, I'm probably not going to get the DLC and some of yous might not as well. What happens to the people with no DLC and the ones with the DLC. Would the BF1 community split like certain servers for the DLC owners and the same old servers for the non-DLC owners. Its a bit bothersome that EA would release such awesome content as a DLC. 

a large majority of the bf1 community will continue to non dlc maps.

yes some servers will focus on dlc content but they wont be majority.

is it worth buying the premium package? ...yes absolutely if u enjoy bf1...but wait for the price to drop on premium and then buy it. dont buy dlc by dlc.

and bf1 sale(50% off at origin) ends today at 10am pdt. 

1 minute ago, Hunter06 said:

a large majority of the bf1 community will continue to non dlc maps.

yes some servers will focus on dlc content but they wont be majority.

is it worth buying the premium package? ...yes absolutely if u enjoy bf1...but wait for the price to drop on premium and then buy it. dont buy dlc by dlc.

and bf1 sale(50% off at origin) ends today at 10am pdt. 

Unfortunately the Premium pass isn't on sale but the game packages are. I already have the deluxe edition and have sunken plenty of hours into it but the premium pass is like $60 aud. 

2 minutes ago, WindowsXP16 said:

Unfortunately the Premium pass isn't on sale but the game packages are. I already have the deluxe edition and have sunken plenty of hours into it but the premium pass is like $60 aud. 

get premium later..enjoy the delux

5 hours ago, WindowsXP16 said:

Edit: Would the non DLC owner still get access to some DLC content like the weapons?

The DLC will likely go live with a patch. That patch will contain all of the DLC content (if it's not in the client already), but it may also include things like balance tweaks, changes and additions to the ribbon/medal system, and new Battlepack skins. Those will probably be for everyone. Maps and weapons are paid content, though.

If it works like DLC in past Battlefield games, you'll see an icon next to servers that run the DLC maps and you'll just be unable to join those. In previous games there was usually a big rush to play the new maps for the first few weeks, and then depending on how good they are they tend to disappear from a lot of server rotations.

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Hopefully Dice is aware of the damage it can do in the long run, and decide to make the new maps free for all sometime after DLC release.

All indications so far seem to be that they're following the same DLC scheme they used in Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefront (and while it was a different scheme, they charged for map packs in Bad Company 2 as well). DICE might be aware it's not very good for player communities, but I'm sure it's EA making the call. And apparently whatever damage it causes doesn't outweigh the money they make from it.