Left earphone always louder than the right

Twiixtor

I have just bought myself the HyperX Cloud II about 3 days ago and I already have to turn down the left earphone by about 3% in the volume control because it's simply louder than the right.

It's very annoying because I had the same issue on my old headphones (Roccat Kave 5.1) where I had to turn down the left earphone by 10% for them both to be equal.

I don't know if it's the problem with my motherboard or am I not taking care of the headphone cable? I usually take great care with hardware especially headphones nowadays since I broke so many in the past but the issue still comes back.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Are you sure its not your ears? 

Or the songs you listen to.

That said, it's possible the drivers were just badly matched in both cases.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

true, but checking if its your ears is nice and easy. Always helps to cover the basics :) 

10 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Are you sure its not your ears? 

My ears aren't the best I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The headphones were fine for the first 2 days and then all of a sudden a subtle volume difference was noticed. Although I probably should get my ears checked :)

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The Cloud II's don't have drivers(I don't think). Just plug and play I believe. As I said the headphones were fine first two days and then nightmares came back.

4 minutes ago, Bergkaizer_XIII said:

So this happens to any kind of Earphones you plug in to your PC?

Headphones. Well I only have one pair now but yes. All the headphones I plugged in, overtime (could be days could be months) the same thing would happen :/

Just now, Twiixtor said:

My hears aren't the best I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The headphones were fine for the first 2 days and then all of a sudden a subtle volume difference was noticed. Although I probably should get my ears checked :)

The Cloud II's I have now don't have drivers. Just plug and play I believe. As I said the headphones were fine first two days and then nightmares came back.

Headphones. Well I only have one pair now but yes. All the headphones I plugged in, overtime (could be days could be months) the same thing would happen :/

Okay, your Operating System please?

Just now, Twiixtor said:

The Cloud II's I have now don't have drivers. Just plug and play I believe. As I said the headphones were fine first two days and then nightmares came back.

xD 

Sorry, I missed that this was in the troubleshooting section and not the audio section.  I mean the "speakers" in the left and right may not be exactly the same volume in your headphones... nothing to do with system drivers ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Bergkaizer_XIII said:

Okay, your Operating System please?

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Just now, Twiixtor said:

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Try this, Go to CONTROL PANEL > SOUNDS > and choose your HEADPHONE(s) and configure.

You can TEST it from Left to Right and see if you are hearing same amount of quality sound coming out of it.

2 minutes ago, Bergkaizer_XIII said:

Try this, Go to CONTROL PANEL > SOUNDS > and choose your HEADPHONE(s) and configure.

You can TEST it from Left to Right and see if you are hearing same amount of quality sound coming out of it.

Uhhh yeah.... ummm no. You can't configure the headphones I'm using right now... The button is grayed out...

70c184709f6e4c498087c5a49cb38424.jpeg

I need to find a job and get myself a better PC... and headphones...

Just now, Twiixtor said:

Uhhh yeah.... ummm no. You can't configure the headphones I'm using right now... The button is grayed out...

Oh, you're using the provided USB connector... those are generally questionable at best. If you plug them directly into your motherboard, the on-board audio is probably better.  Thought I suppose you would lose surround, unless they've supplied a software solution (Which they really should since it would work equally well and be more flexible)

1 minute ago, Twiixtor said:

70c184709f6e4c498087c5a49cb38424.jpeg

Then hit the properties Bro, let see if you have TAB that shows ADVANCE.

You can also try plugging in the 3.5 mm Jack of the headset at the back/front of the PC and see if there is difference with the sound. You can just try isolating bro.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, you're using the provided USB connector... those are generally questionable at best. If you plug them directly into your motherboard, the on-board audio is probably better.  Thought I suppose you would lose surround, unless they've supplied a software solution (Which they really should since it would work equally well and be more flexible)

I'm honestly not even using the 7.1 because it's completely garbage in those headphones. Thought it would be way better but then the issue is, the length of the cable from the headset to the audio jack which is supposed to plug into the USB dongle thing is about half of the minimum length I need to reach the back of my PC and not have my face stuck to the monitor.

1 minute ago, Bergkaizer_XIII said:

Then hit the properties Bro, let see if you have TAB that shows ADVANCE.

f567ec739c79420da57bb8b0a9d01fc8.jpeg

I'm honestly not even using the 7.1 because it's completely garbage in those headphones. Thought it would be way better but then the issue is, the length of the cable from the headset to the audio jack which is supposed to plug into the USB dongle thing is about half of the minimum length I need to reach the back of my PC and not have my face stuck to the monitor.

--

Funny that your chassis/case doesn't have a 3.5mm port?

Go to levels, and click balance then make them the same. If that doesn't work then you can increase/decrease the sound though just like what you did.

Another thing is this HyperX is plug and play right? You can go to device manager and go to sound/audio. Uninstall/update your sound driver there bro.