What gpu should i get?

xven

I have a very nice PC build going on and i need to choose a gpu or two for sli. I am going to play most games and would like to maintain 75-90+fps at Max settings. I have 1500$ Canadiens budget but could get 2-3 hundreds more in a week or two if needed. 

I have two monitors, a Acer x34 predator and a Asus Swfit PG278Q.

I play games, edit videos and pictures aswell. 

Would appreciate something input. 

Thx. 

Alex. 

2 minutes ago, xven said:

I have a very nice PC build going on and i need to choose a gpu or two for sli. I am going to play most games and would like to maintain 75-90+fps at Max settings. I have 1500$ Canadiens budget but could get 2-3 hundreds more in a week or two if needed. 

I have two monitors, a Acer x34 predator and a Asus Swfit PG278Q.

I play games, edit videos and pictures aswell. 

Would appreciate something input. 

Thx. 

Alex. 

1080 for gaming or titan x pascal for video editing 

IM BACK BABY

Instead of going with an SLI which sucks. Because one GPU will work at 100% load whilst the other will just go around 25-30% load, I would go with a GTX1080.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Hey,

I have a single Asus Strix GTX 1080 and it has served me very well it looks good and performs amazingly well, also as it is Nvidia it has CUDA cores meaning that video editing can be optimized using it. Also it is very quite and has RGB lighting which can be synchronized or controlled separately. I would advise against SLI at the moment as there is still a bit of a problem with it I believe.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, kurtstir said:

1080 for gaming or titan x pascal for video editing 

Would a single titan x pascal handle it without being water-cooled? Or 1080 sli would be better? 

Been looking at msi 1070 8gb gaming x in sli also. 

1 minute ago, TurtleTrain said:

Hey,

I have a single Asus Strix GTX 1080 and it has served me very well it looks good and performs amazingly well, also as it is Nvidia it has CUDA cores meaning that video editing can be optimized using it. Also it is very quite and has RGB lighting which can be synchronized or controlled separately. I would advise against SLI at the moment as there is still a bit of a problem with it I believe.

Hope this helps.

So a single Asus strix 1080 is what i should go for? Should i look at a possible 1080ti from Asus? It should be annonced in a few day's. 

Just now, xven said:

So a single Asus strix 1080 is what i should go for? Should i look at a possible 1080ti from Asus? It should be annonced in a few day's. 

You could however the time it takes for the one to come out which has an after market cooler could be a while after the 1080ti its self is launched  and I personally wouldn't recommend the stock cooler as much as well as the fact that the after market one looks nicer and cools better as well as having a higher clock.

Hope this helps.

11 minutes ago, TurtleTrain said:

You could however the time it takes for the one to come out which has an after market cooler could be a while after the 1080ti its self is launched  and I personally wouldn't recommend the stock cooler as much as well as the fact that the after market one looks nicer and cools better as well as having a higher clock.

Hope this helps.

It helps alot, what resolution do you use yours at abd what type of Fps are you getting? 

I'm getting an Asus Strix ROG 1070 OC. I've looked at tons of cards but this one really grabs me

5 minutes ago, Syphno said:

I'm getting an Asus Strix ROG 1070 OC. I've looked at tons of cards but this one really grabs me

I have solid monitors so i was wondering if a 1070 would of done well or not. Since most testing is made on 24-27 inch monitors and 1080-1444-4k, no one does it on a x34. The Asus monitor is to play my ps4 and my offmonitor/stream display. So the gpu only really needs to provide the x34 while gaming. 

On 2/27/2017 at 8:25 PM, xven said:

It helps alot, what resolution do you use yours at abd what type of Fps are you getting? 

Hey,

Sorry for the slow reply, it is at 1080 however up scaled as I haven't got the money for 4k yet, I get really good fps, in GTA V at max I get about 120 and Skyrim is sort of the same, I play Overwatch and don't get lag however I don't actually know the fps for that unfortunately