Q-Code 00 / Red CPU Light

Specs: 

i7 6800K

Asus X99 Deluxe II

Corsair Dominator platinum 4x4GB DDR4 3600

EVGA GTX 1080 Classified 

Corsair HX1050

NZXT Phantom 820

Yesterday I left my computer turned on, this morning I woke up and browsed the Internet for a while, suddenly the computer turned itself off, stupidly, I tried to start it again, it turned on but shut off after a couple seconds, i did it twice, then it just "died". The third time I tried to turn it on, I got a Q-Code 00, with all fans spinning (including Graphics Card) and a Red CPU Light.

Then I disassembled the cooler (NH-D14), took off all cables except the 24-pin, 8-Pin cpu and the 2x8-Pin for the graphics card, checked every cable (power, mb 24 pin, cpu 8 pin, vga 2x8 pin), reassembled the screws: Nothing.

Re-installed cpu, graphics card and DIMMs (installed only 1 DIMM), nothing.

Swapped PSU, HX1050 -> EVGA 850 B2 (Working right now on my 2nd computer), nothing.

I had a look at the cpu socket but found nothing, neither the in the cpu.

In addition, there was no smell of "fried" components.

I don't know of it is dead cpu or dead motherboard, any thoughts about how to discover that?

Knowing if the motherboard is the problem would help me a lot, because asus rma sucks, they don't cover any products bought outside Brazil (I bought the mobo in US), but the law say different: Since they sell this product here and they're a global brand, they should cover my product. (I hate those Asus guys so much)

If the CPU is the problem, I can simply contact intel and get a new processor.

20170226_182227.jpg

20170226_153531.jpg

Double "00" usually means a dead CPU with Asus boards, but I've also seen it pop up for dead boards on occasion.  Either way, try to clear the CMOS and do basic trouble shooting, but I think a RMA may be in your near future.

Good luck.

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Double "00" usually means a dead CPU with Asus boards, but I've also seen it pop up for dead boards on occasion.  Either way, try to clear the CMOS and do basic trouble shooting, but I think a RMA may be in your near future.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I did the cmos reset by either ways (Button and removing the battery, but nothing.

I already did the double checking in all connections, I'm doing it again with the motherboard outside of the case

1 minute ago, ltfujiwara said:

Thanks for the info.

I did the cmos reset by either ways (Button and removing the battery, but nothing.

I already did the double checking in all connections, I'm doing it again with the motherboard outside of the case

You can also reflash the BIOS with or without memory and a CPU installed. Worth a shot. 

22 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You can also reflash the BIOS with or without memory and a CPU installed. Worth a shot. 

Done it with the MB outside of the case, with another graphics card, but still "dead".

I'm going to get everything packaged and see if I can test the CPU in another motherboard.

Hope it is just the cpu, thanks for the help.

20170226_202236.jpg

20170226_202851.jpg

20170226_202858.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I just encountered this same issue. I have the 6800K with the asus deluxe ii. I can't rule out if its the CPU or mobo or both. I'm leaning towards the CPU because all fans power up when the mobo has power. What did you end up doing? I just placed an RMA ticket with Intel.