Do these speeds seem right?

Dubesta11

So I just got a WD 4TB My Book from staples for about ~70 and ran some speed tests on it.

4TB WD My Book Usb 3.0:

81b933a1c2.png

1TB WD Green 5200RPM Internal:

bcb7b41d3e.png

500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

e2fd9d87f9.png

500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (Using RAPID mode)

14dca84933.png

Does this seem about right for a 4TB drive? I'm mainly looking to store my media on here and make daily/weekly backups of my computer, which used to be on my 1TB WD Green but that's an old drive now and I wanted to replace it. Also, would the drive work faster if I managed to take it out of its shell and install it directly through SATA?

Edit: My motherboard supports Usb type C, would getting one of these cables help with speeds at all?

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

4 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

So I just got a WD 4TB My Book from staples for about ~70 and ran some speed tests on it.

4TB WD My Book Usb 3.0:

81b933a1c2.png

bcb7b41d3e.png

e2fd9d87f9.png

14dca84933.png

Does this seem about right for a 4TB drive? I'm mainly looking to store my media on here and make daily/weekly backups of my computer, which used to be on my 1TB WD Green but that's an old drive now and I wanted to replace it. Also, would the drive work faster if I managed to take it out of its shell and install it directly through SATA?

The speeds seem good. And yes, if you install it with SATA it will work faster.

5 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

4TB WD My Book Usb 3.0:

81b933a1c2.png

bcb7b41d3e.png

e2fd9d87f9.png

14dca84933.png

Edit: My motherboard supports Usb type C, would getting one of these cables help with speeds at all?

Also, no. the cable would be bottlenecked by the micro b connector.

2 minutes ago, EslyteMedia said:

The speeds seem good. And yes, if you install it with SATA it will work faster.

It seems like I would have to break the case in order to take it out, so I will probably use it through USB so I can connect it to all my computers.

And I might be interested in that cable because I don't have any type-c devices yet and my motherboard only has 2 usb 3.0 connectors (WTF ASUS?)

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Just now, Dubesta11 said:

It seems like I would have to break the case in order to take it out, so I will probably use it through USB so I can connect it to all my computers.

Thats smart. the speeds that you'd get with SATA wouldnt be worth it in my opinion.