Boot SSD help

Jonnycoolman123

I have an ssd that i bought used. I want to wipe it and put Windows 10 on as a boot drive for my pc. I also i have an hdd already in my pc thats is used for booting. I want it to just be used as storage. Do i need to wipe the HDD as well and start fresh?

You don't.

When you install Windows though, unplug the hard drive so that 1. the PC doesn't try to boot from it and 2. You're sure you're aiming for the right drive. After you install Windows, you can do a blanket erase on the hard drive for files and folders you don't need, assuming you can't fit everything you want to keep on the SSD.

Though some system files on the hard drive may be hard to erase because Windows thinks they're important, even though you're not using the HDD as a system drive.

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You don't.

When you install Windows though, unplug the hard drive so that 1. the PC doesn't try to boot from it and 2. You're sure you're aiming for the right drive. After you install Windows, you can do a blanket erase on the hard drive for files and folders you don't need, assuming you can't fit everything you want to keep on the SSD.

Though some system files on the hard drive may be hard to erase because Windows thinks they're important, even though you're not using the HDD as a system drive.

So when i re-install Windows on the ssd it will wipe it or will the files still be there?

Im sure there is a way to move the operating system on a separate disk to a different disk though... (not entirely sure) 

13 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Reinstalling Windows on a drive wipes everything on it.

Ok. How do i do a  blanket erase?