Sound service not working

This is the 3rd day in the row where I haven't been able to use my headset, and where I hover over the sound icon (that's not always there) it says "Sound service not working"

I've tried reinstalling the drivers for my headset, restarting the windows audio driver through services.msc, even though it says that it works fine, and I've tried to troubleshoot it several times, without any result.

Usually, it starts working after an hour or so, but I'd like to be able to use my PC right after I turn it on, and not have to wait for several hours before it works.

Is there anything else I can do without reinstalling windows/go back to the factory settings (I'm getting a new PC in a couple of months, so I don't really want to spend this much time on my current PC, even if I'll use it as a second PC)

On 21/02/2017 at 8:51 PM, NewAndy said:

This is the 3rd day in the row where I haven't been able to use my headset, and where I hover over the sound icon (that's not always there) it says "Sound service not working"

I've tried reinstalling the drivers for my headset, restarting the windows audio driver through services.msc, even though it says that it works fine, and I've tried to troubleshoot it several times, without any result.

Usually, it starts working after an hour or so, but I'd like to be able to use my PC right after I turn it on, and not have to wait for several hours before it works.

Is there anything else I can do without reinstalling windows/go back to the factory settings (I'm getting a new PC in a couple of months, so I don't really want to spend this much time on my current PC, even if I'll use it as a second PC)

Do other audio devices work as well? except your headset

Nothing worked, not even the speakers in the pc (a laptop)

But I left the PC on over noght, and the sound worked, just hoping it still works when I turn it on tomorrow

Sorry for late answer, I've been away for a while and thout everyone just forgot this

23 hours ago, NewAndy said:

Nothing worked, not even the speakers in the pc (a laptop)

But I left the PC on over noght, and the sound worked, just hoping it still works when I turn it on tomorrow

Sorry for late answer, I've been away for a while and thout everyone just forgot this

Ok try using this tutorial:(https://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/) to start the windows with (disable driver signiture enforcement) and post