Can I use the extra 4 pin connection on corsair cx550m for a sata cable?

mamamia88

Rearranged my cables and now I don't have my blu ray drive hooked up. I'm not gonna remove it because I have no idea where the cover for the drive bay is anyway. Can i use the extra sata cable that came with the psu to wire it up?  The one i'm using for the harddrives won't work because it would have to wrap around weird to reach. It has the same connection for the psu. Here is a pic 

17-139-147-03.jpg

5 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

Rearranged my cables and now I don't have my blu ray drive hooked up. I'm not gonna remove it because I have no idea where the cover for the drive bay is anyway. Can i use the extra sata cable that came with the psu to wire it up?  The one i'm using for the harddrives won't work because it would have to wrap around weird to reach. It has the same connection for the psu. Here is a pic 

17-139-147-03.jpg

Do you mean the 6-pin SATA for the blue-ray?  That should be fine.

Or do you mean 1/2 of the 8 pin (4+4)?   the other end of cable should not have a SATA fitting on it... 

1 minute ago, Rohime said:

Do you mean the 6-pin SATA for the blue-ray?  That should be fine.

Or do you mean 1/2 of the 8 pin (4+4)?   the other end of cable should not have a SATA fitting on it... 

The one that looks 3/4 of the connections. That isn't on the peripheral & sata side. 

5 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

The one that looks 3/4 of the connections. That isn't on the peripheral & sata side. 

All three of the 6 pin sockets ( the one labelled Periph & SATA and the two unlablled ones the same size, just inverted) should all be SATA and should be fine for your blu-ray.

The 8-pin labelled CPU is probably not good to use.

Ah so they're all the same except for the one? I read the labels like it was a grid and that SATA was bottom left peripheal and so on. Now you got me wondering if I plugged my GPU in right spot. It works