Internet

Cleberbert
Go to solution Solved by Villanity,

Note: This is just an example.

This could be due to a fact that happens sometimes with wireless routers. In some cases when your data connection has expired or ended, but your hotspot is still on. Same could be the case.

you ping, you get the response but no surfing or downloading.

Ok so this is my first post on these forums so hi so anyway my computer says I am connected to the internet via Ethernet (first pic) but I can't use the internet at all or it is just really slow but In control panel it says I have 100mbps

I have pinged my router and I am getting replies (2nd pic) so yeah I have no clue what is going on

1487422242020-1491362685.jpg

14874227299791573535970.jpg

Note: This is just an example.

This could be due to a fact that happens sometimes with wireless routers. In some cases when your data connection has expired or ended, but your hotspot is still on. Same could be the case.

you ping, you get the response but no surfing or downloading.

Don't really know about networks and stuff could this be the problem ? The fact that I don't have ipv6 connectivity

14874241638451637781410.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cleberbert said:

Don't really know about networks and stuff could this be the problem ? The fact that I don't have ipv6 connectivity

1487424068367-1491362685.jpg

ipv6 is not important for this problem.

the 100Mbps connection shows the PHYSICAL connect speed so thats fine.

the real question in my mind is "what is the VPN hotfreepn.com" - thats going to be your limiting factor.

Can you establish normal connection to the network without VPN first and confirm that works?

is 'hotfreepn.com' something you know about?  and do you have download limits or other controls?

5 minutes ago, Rohime said:

ipv6 is not important for this problem.

the 100Mbps connection shows the PHYSICAL connect speed so thats fine.

the real question in my mind is "what is the VPN hotfreepn.com" - thats going to be your limiting factor.

Can you establish normal connection to the network without VPN first and confirm that works?

is 'hotfreepn.com' something you know about?  and do you have download limits or other controls?

Nah, I don't think it is the VPN because I have had that for a while before it went all weird the internet only stopped working when I moved my setup about a week ago my brother's internet is fine and he also uses a tp link

6 minutes ago, Rohime said:

hotfreepn.com

It's some kind of VPN software which creates a virtual network for itself like the same happens with Vmware. The network shown in image is just a network for connecting to the wireless displays.

otspot.png

At the moment I am getting connection  in bursts between 8-16kbps

14874250537531573535970.jpg

Well I'm online so I guess problem is fixed will update if anything happens