Crappily Modding a Crappy Case

MattBoxer

Due to budget restraints I have been stuck with this case for 4ish years now and i was just sick of it not having any cable management at all. This is going to change soon after Ryzen launches (for lower prices in the used market or just Ryzen outright) and I will build my new system. 

This led to my 'ingenious' plan, and it included using tin-snips to cut off some press out holes in my case they look like this.

Spoiler

r21mpgQ.png

Then I proceeded to cover the sharp metal corners with some electrical tape and routed my cables through them with the 8 pin coming out behind the mobo and the 6 pin being a bit of a stretch, but with a decent result. (in my opinion) But now i have a humungous bulge on the back panel xD.

Spoiler

IMG_20170212_161220_DRO.jpg500.jpg

I also twist tied a phanteks 140mm fan in the 5.25" drive bays that was going to be used in another mod but failed spectacularly.

Also a side note, my god Bulldozer sucks so much even when running it at 4.2Ghz on a crappy motherboard it cannot even keep up with a Phenom II @ 3.2Ghz in cinebench (welp that is Phenom architecture for yah) FX4100 4.2 Ghz = 288 cb  Phenom = 320 cb. No wonder that I only use 40% of my GTX 660 in games xD.

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

4 minutes ago, Mattboxer2000 said:

Also a side note, my god Bulldozer sucks so much even when running it at 4.2Ghz on a crappy motherboard it cannot even keep up with a Phenom II @ 3.2Ghz in cinebench (welp that is Phenom architecture for yah) FX4100 4.2 Ghz = 288 cb  Phenom = 320 cb. No wonder that I only use 40% of my GTX 660 in games xD.

Bulldozer was literally less efficient than the architecture it replaced (K10).. No wonder you're feeling the 4100 slow you down. It's the lowest end processor on that architecture anyway. Top sketchy mod btw. 

idk