Second hand AMD card

KingDavid5551

Would used AMD cards be good for their cheap prices?

Cards I'm curious about are:

Radeon HD 7970

Radeon HD 7950

Radeon R9 280X

Radeon R9 290X

Radeon R9 380X

Radeon R9 390X

Thank you! :)

It may sound a bit weird, but what currency are you using? UK prices are different to US and no one can help you unless you say where you are. The 390x would be fastest with the 290x a little slower and the 380x a little slower than that. The 380x and 280x won't have a huge difference in performance and the 7970 will be again a bit slower than the 280x. However the 7950 is quite a bit slower than the 7970

8 minutes ago, KingDavid5551 said:

Would used AMD cards be good for their cheap prices?

Depending on..... their prices. For how much did you find each one of them...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If you're in the US, then yes, used 390/290 cards are a crazy good deal.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I'm from Estonia. That means Euro is currency. Some in ebay are with pretty decent price and cheap international shipping. I've never bought used tho.

1 minute ago, KingDavid5551 said:

I'm from Estonia. That means Euro is currency. Some in ebay are with pretty decent price and cheap international shipping. I've never bought used tho.

I heard that if you buy with paypal, you should have a good buying experience on ebay. If you have a site called CEX, then I would highly recommend it. An example of their great used prices could be when I got my Fury X for 270 pounds/ 320 Euros. It also depends what resoloution you want to play at. Higher resoloutions demand more vram and it also matters what games you will be playing, if any.

11 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I heard that if you buy with paypal, you should have a good buying experience on ebay. If you have a site called CEX, then I would highly recommend it. An example of their great used prices could be when I got my Fury X for 270 pounds/ 320 Euros. It also depends what resoloution you want to play at. Higher resoloutions demand more vram and it also matters what games you will be playing, if any.

Thank you for suggestions. I expect casual gaming on 1080p with medium graphics or better. 

1 minute ago, KingDavid5551 said:

Thank you for suggestions. I expect casual gaming on 1080p with medium graphics or better. 

Ok, thanks for the info. Based off this, I'd suggest the 290x if it is the cheapest out of the 390x and 380x. If it is roughly the same price, then do the same for the 280x. If you can stretch your budget then I'd suggest an R9 Nano, Fury or if within budget, the Fury X. Just beware most Furys are massive cards. Also are you ahrd set on AMD? If you tell me your budget in Euros, I could help out a little more.

11 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Ok, thanks for the info. Based off this, I'd suggest the 290x if it is the cheapest out of the 390x and 380x. If it is roughly the same price, then do the same for the 280x. If you can stretch your budget then I'd suggest an R9 Nano, Fury or if within budget, the Fury X. Just beware most Furys are massive cards. Also are you ahrd set on AMD? If you tell me your budget in Euros, I could help out a little more.

Thank you! My budget is up to 150 Euros. I just which for gpu which has best performance/price ratio I guess. I thought about Nvidia at first because my bro gtx660 oc still does decent in 1080p on medium (high in some titles), but I've heard driver support is way worse for Nvidia old cards than AMD .

27 minutes ago, KingDavid5551 said:

Thank you! My budget is up to 150 Euros. I just which for gpu which has best performance/price ratio I guess. I thought about Nvidia at first because my bro gtx660 oc still does decent in 1080p on medium (high in some titles), but I've heard driver support is way worse for Nvidia old cards than AMD .

Yes, I heard the same about the last part.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-290x-Graphics-Card-/282336267498?hash=item41bc8d8cea:g:K8gAAOSwA3dYhpoi

This one coems with a backplate and IMO looks nice.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-AMD-Radeon-R9-390-8192-MB-R9-390-GAMING-8G-Graphics-Card-/132095416730?hash=item1ec180199a:g:pRoAAOSw~AVYodpq

This is a bit more expensive, but has double the vram and will play modern games at high/ ultra at over 70 fps

Just beware, these old AMD cards need a high wattage PSU of high quality.

If you want it to be a bit cheaper, I'd recommend an R9 380 as it's a little bit faster than an RX 460.