How to delete recovery partition?

Creeper1372677
Go to solution Solved by Creeper1372677,
1 minute ago, Tb428 said:

you should be able to delete it by booting into linux from a live usb but you should really make a recovery flash drive if you are deleting the recovery partition

And how do i make a recovery flash drive.  I have an extra 32 gig that i don't use.

I am upgrading from my 1TB boot drive to a 240GB SSD.  I have done all i have to get my stuff down to about 100 GB on the primary partition, all my games are on another drive, etc.  I have a massive 25 GB Recovery partition that i want to delete as it uses 1/5th of my drive space.  I plan on using AOMI backupper free version for the data migration if my off brand, but well reviewed drive doesn't have its own software.

you should be able to delete it by booting into linux from a live usb but you should really make a recovery flash drive if you are deleting the recovery partition

And how do i make a recovery flash drive.  I have an extra 32 gig that i don't use.

1 minute ago, Creeper1372677 said:

download the media creation tool from microsoft's website and plug in the flash drive run the tool and select create recovry media select your flash drive. just so you know it will have to download windows 10 so might take some time otherwise you can just create the drive on another pc if you have one

download the media creation tool from microsoft's website and plug in the flash drive run the tool and select create recovry media select your flash drive. just so you know it will have to download windows 10 so might take some time otherwise you can just create the drive on another pc if you have one

ok sounds good