Wait for the Ryzen?

Walt

Hi everyone,

I'm building a game PC and I'm stuck at the CPU. First my idea was to buy the Intel core i5-7600K for 265 euro. Then I saw the video about the AMD Ryzen. Do you think for the same price it will deliver the same performance? Is it worth to wait? 

Thanks!

Build:

• CPU
    Intel core i5-7600K
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG strix Z270F
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz
  • GPU
    Asus ROG strix 1060 OC 6GB
  • Case
    NZXT H440 RAZER edition
  • Storage
    WD 1TB (7200 RPM) & Samsung 960 EVO 512GB
  • PSU
    Corsair RM650x
  • Cooling
    NZXT kraken x41
  • Keyboard
    Razer Deathstalker
  • Mouse
    Razer NAGA 2014
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bi

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

We'll have to see. Ryzen in general is getting hyped a lot so it's important to keep in mind that we won't know performance numbers until reputable third-party reviews emerge (and not some dodgy leaks from the internet).

If you can wait for Ryzen, why not?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I think so, at least it will lower the price of intel. But nothing is for sure. You can change you mobo to z170 and get a ssd will be nice

5 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I think so, at least it will lower the price of intel. But nothing is for sure. You can change you mobo to z170 and get a ssd will be nice

The Samsung 960 EVO 512GB is a pci m.2 SSD which is 6 times faster the a normal SSD :) 

And for the motherboard I really want a intel core i5-7600K and therefore I need a z270 motherboard. 

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

The Samsung 960 EVO 512GB is a pci m.2 SSD which is 6 times faster the a normal SSD :) 

And for the motherboard I really want a intel core i5-7600K and therefore I need a z270 motherboard. 

did not see the ssd, z170 will work for i5 7600k, both of them have a lga 1151 socket