ASUS PCE AC56 not connecting to 5G

Ryujin2003

Hi everyone.

I had to reinstall my OS. My PCIE WIFI card is no longer working properly. I feel like there might have been a trick the first time, but can't find it now.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

I have an ASUS PCE AC56, and it'll connect to 2.4 GHz network fine, but cannot connect to 5 GHz networks. I've tried playing with the different drivers from XP through 8.1, and haven't got it to work yet.

It was working before the OS restore. I didn't know if anyone had this issue before or maybe another way to fix it that I haven't found yet.

Legit, a problem with all wifi cards. Unplug it before you install the driver. Then plug it back in.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

6 hours ago, Silverer said:

Legit, a problem with all wifi cards. Unplug it before you install the driver. Then plug it back in.

Thank you. I'll give it a shot after work today. I'll uninstall everything first, then try again. I'll update tonight.

On 02/12/2017 at 3:27 AM, Silverer said:

So I tried, and that didn't help. I did notice a couple of my neighbors 5G networks though. So I played around with my router. My WiFi was set to auto for channel selection, but my card is only picking up 5G networks on channels  40 and 44. I switched my channel, and now I'm good... which doesn't exactly solve the problem because I didn't have to do this before I reformatted my OS. So I'm currently at a loss for words.

5G works, but I think I'll still have to play around with it to find out the 100% driver fix.