IPv6 firewall on FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable

visualpizza

Hi,

I want to host a dedicated server on one of my machines for Killing Floor 2, we have DSLite, so no ipv4.

When I go to the ipv6 port forwarding (firewall) page in the router it doesn't show the machine I want the ports to be forwarded (opened) to, it shows every other machine in the network, just not the one I want to use. The machine does show up under connected devices, internet and networking in general on the machine itself is working fine and the machine did show up in the ipv4 port forwarding interface of the same router.

I have no idea why this is...

Hope somebody knows as I don't find anything online.

EDIT: Cleared up a big misunderstanding of mine regarding the term port forwarding.

do ipoconfig, grab the IPv6 address, paste it into the router, then you open the desired port(s).

There is no port forwarding on IPv6. Port forwarding is needed when Network Address Translation (NAT) and IP masquerading is used, which is not the case with IPv6 - all computers have their own IP address.

You just need to configure the firewall.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Okay so I get it that there is no port forwarding for ipv6, I guess I misinterpreted that, there still is I guess like a dedicated ipv6 firewall tab.

Problem with droidrzrlovers solution is that the interface does not allow to input ip adresses, it either wants me to choose from a drop down menu, where as I said the machine does not show up OR asks me to input an " Interface-ID ".

Where do I get this Interface-ID from, this term is never even mentioned anywhere else in the whole firmware??

Tunnel to a remote server (if you have an extra $3) and they will supply you with an ipv4 address. Make sure all ports are open.

I don't think that's appropriate as I just need to figure out how to tell my Fritz!Box to use the damn machine I want it to use. Where would I get this "Interface ID" from?

What do the other interface IDs look like?  It might be asking for the MAC address of the computer you want to use.  You should be able to get that from running ipconfig /all at a DOS prompt.

On 2/13/2017 at 4:10 AM, Ringthane said:

What do the other interface IDs look like?  It might be asking for the MAC address of the computer you want to use.  You should be able to get that from running ipconfig /all at a DOS prompt.

Interface ID's look like this:

::ca0e:14ff:febd:5b49

1a3d:a2ff:fe7a:4a5c

I don't see anything like it in ipconfig /all

It's either this or just selecting the machine out of a list of connected devices which shows all connected devices except for the one I actually want to use?! So confused.

UPDATE: The device now shows in the drop-down list. I just reset everything to factory default and started clean and it now works.