What can I use to clean my monitor?

Dunkan77

Hello guys,

I need to clean my monitor but I wondered if glasses cleaner (yes for glasses and not windows) would be suitable along with that special cloth they give with them. Or do I use warm water and damp the cloth to wipe more stubborn spots and stains? Some fizzy drink exploded and a few drops got splattered on it but otherwise it's just dusty.

if it is dusty, just use cloth. Don't need to dampen up the cloth as it will spread the dirt even more. Mild soapy water will do for the drink stains and only do it on the stains.

All from experience only though. Not a professional pc detailer (if such thing exists lol)

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

Use a microfiber cloth gently, wipe the monitor all over to get rid of dust and light dirt. Anything that still remains - dab the microfiber cloth in water, wring the water out so it's just mildly damp, and then gently wipe the marks.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

Okay so basically use common sense with the drink splash which is wipe locally with damp cloth and get rid of everything else with dry cloth. But what happens if I wipe everywhere with damp cloth? Because I noticed like many many more spots, which I can only assume to be spit (sorry for gross... I'm ashamed of myself here I always take great care of my things and now I find this.) There's way too many for me to wipe them all one by one so as not so smother it everywhere. What do I do? Multiple passes of the damp cloth and one final with dry cloth?