Visual Studio Build Tools 14 cannot find stdio.h

Ayo,

Now I have attempted other solutions to the problem that over people have had success in. But unfortunately, technology is not on my side today.

As the title says my C++ compiler says it cannot find 'stdio.h' then leaves with error status 3, Here is the stacktrace https://gyazo.com/d26d47054ee30f7e03524b7d8c0052a8

How would I be able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Duke.

9 minutes ago, Duke Jake Morgan said:

Ayo,

Now I have attempted other solutions to the problem that over people have had success in. But unfortunately, technology is not on my side today.

As the title says my C++ compiler says it cannot find 'stdio.h' then leaves with error status 3, Here is the stacktrace https://gyazo.com/d26d47054ee30f7e03524b7d8c0052a8

How would I be able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Duke.

stdio.h is the standard header file (think like an interface file) for C / C++.

Do you have any kind of c++ compiler installed? Looks like it's wanting the MSVC compiler

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

2 minutes ago, MrKickkiller said:

stdio.h is the standard header file (think like an interface file) for C / C++.

Do you have any kind of c++ compiler installed? Looks like it's wanting the MSVC compiler

Hey MrKickkiller, cheers for replying back. 

Not that I know of. I originally had Visual Studio 2015 installed till today. I uninstalled it and installed the standalone Visual Studio Build Tools to see if it would work, But no luck, unfortunately

You most likely need to add the path to the standard library headers to the INCLUDE environment variable. If you know how to add/modify environment variables, make/edit the INCLUDE environment variable and add the path to the header files (in your case it would be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include (I think). Alternatively, you can run Microsofts vcversall.bat (located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\), which will set the relevant environments variables (PATH, LIB, INCLUDE, and more) for your command line session. Of course, these changes are not permanent and will only last until you exit the shell (unless you set them manually like I mentioned before).

5 hours ago, Pinguinsan said:

You most likely need to add the path to the standard library headers to the INCLUDE environment variable. If you know how to add/modify environment variables, make/edit the INCLUDE environment variable and add the path to the header files (in your case it would be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include (I think). Alternatively, you can run Microsofts vcversall.bat (located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\), which will set the relevant environments variables (PATH, LIB, INCLUDE, and more) for your command line session. Of course, these changes are not permanent and will only last until you exit the shell (unless you set them manually like I mentioned before).

Ayo,

I've checked my Program Files and Program Files (x86) and I only have Microsoft Visual Studio 14 in my Program Files (x86). Only thing is I don't have a /VC/ directory, at all. Could this be the problem?