My Bose QC15 headset won't play audio on my PC

prestonthepilot

I just got Bose QC15's for Christmas I love using them with my phone and they work great but now I want to use them on my custom gaming PC that I just built. As of right now I have Logitech usb headphones that work fine but when I tried my turtle beach headset I got no sound. Thinking that they were just too old I didn't do anything about it but when I got my Bose yet again the audio doesn't work out of the green headphone jack. Then I remembered that I didn't install any realtek drivers so I just did that and still no sound but I know that the pc recognizes that something is plugged in. Any Ideas??

Try going into Playback Devices and set your headphones to default.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Try setting the "Realtek Digital Output' to the default playback device and see what happens. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

8 minutes ago, Vercii said:

Try setting the "Realtek Digital Output' to the default playback device and see what happens. 

nothing still no sound

When you plug it in, does Realtek pop up and ask you what you just plugged in? Does it say "headphones?" :) - Gotta start with the dumb questions, sorry. :D 

Also, you're testing it by pressing the "test" option when you right click on the settings dialogue box, right? Plays a little chime and you see the green bars go up but no sound comes out?

USB runs on a totally different driver from your realtek board. If you get a USB adapter (google Sabrent USB) for 7 dollars that will certainly fix your problem, though it probably can be fixed for free if you want to take the time to diagnose what is going on :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, AAJoe said:

When you plug it in, does Realtek pop up and ask you what you just plugged in? Does it say "headphones?" :) - Gotta start with the dumb questions, sorry. :D 

Also, you're testing it by pressing the "test" option when you right click on the settings dialogue box, right? Plays a little chime and you see the green bars go up but no sound comes out?

USB runs on a totally different driver from your realtek board. If you get a USB adapter (google Sabrent USB) for 7 dollars that will certainly fix your problem, though it probably can be fixed for free if you want to take the time to diagnose what is going on :)

Thanks for Looking at my problem, So to answer all of your questions

1. When you plug it in, does Realtek pop up and ask you what you just plugged in? Yes it does, there is a popup saying that a device has been plugged in and then Realtek Audio Manager pops up with the picture of Headphone box Checked. Then, after hitting OK the box changes to the other picture with the Real speakers out box Checked. SO then I click OK.

2. you're testing it by pressing the "test" option when you right click on the settings dialogue box, right? Plays a little chime and you see the green bars go up but no sound comes out?  Yes then after doing the steps above I click Test, see the two speakers illuminate and then turn off and no sound comes through my Bose headset.

3. I might just end up breaking down and buying the USB but I would like to at least get this working for the future, If you could help me out and tell me if you see me doing something wrong that  would be awesome.

PS: I saw that you work for the company that makes the mod mic, if I can get this problem fixed with the audio could I use that and the headphones to make this a true PC Headset?

Capture Before Squeal.PNG

CaptureAFTER BUT BEFORE SQUEAL.PNG

Hey @prestonthepilot

So what immediately jumps out at me is why in the first image the ... cable thingy (I forget what that is supposed to be) is checked as default device. The speakers should be checked as default device.

Also it's weird that you have them plugged into the "black" port. I'm pretty sure it should be plugged into the green one. If you right click on the green label and select connector retasking, does the option for headphones not come up? Alternatively, front speaker out should also work. You don't want rear speaker out on Stereo speaker config because... well, there are no rear speakers in stereo config! :)

As for the ModMic - yeah that's pretty much what our thing does! Gaming + voice comms on your QC15!? You betcha! Our CEO uses it on his QC35 (among many others).

Anyway, try to make sure the pictures are as follows:

Checkmark (Default device) on the speakers. Only have the headphones plugged in, ideally to a green port (doesn't really matter but it makes me feel better), and selected as either Headphone or Front Speaker in stereo mode.

Also, last item, in the settings (gear icon) make sure you aren't doing something like muting the rear output when a front jack is used, then having an item plugged into the front jack :D - the pictures indicate you aren't doing that, but who knows.

Let me know if that solves the issue!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

23 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Hey @prestonthepilot

So what immediately jumps out at me is why in the first image the ... cable thingy (I forget what that is supposed to be) is checked as default device. The speakers should be checked as default device.

Also it's weird that you have them plugged into the "black" port. I'm pretty sure it should be plugged into the green one. If you right click on the green label and select connector retasking, does the option for headphones not come up? Alternatively, front speaker out should also work. You don't want rear speaker out on Stereo speaker config because... well, there are no rear speakers in stereo config! :)

As for the ModMic - yeah that's pretty much what our thing does! Gaming + voice comms on your QC15!? You betcha! Our CEO uses it on his QC35 (among many others).

Checkmark (Default device) on the speakers. Only have the headphones plugged in, ideally to a green port (doesn't really matter but it makes me feel better), and selected as either Headphone or Front Speaker in stereo mode.

Also, last item, in the settings (gear icon) make sure you aren't doing something like muting the rear output when a front jack is used, then having an item plugged into the front jack :D - the pictures indicate you aren't doing that, but who knows.

So I think my issue is with the Green and Black jacks. I have absolutely nothing plugged into the black port and for some reason it thinks I do. When I click on the green port and hit retasking it comes up with options for front speakers and headphones and then when I click on the black jack the box gives me the option for line in or Rear speakers out

23 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Hey @prestonthepilot

So I broke down and bought a sabrent usb adapter and a Mod Mic, really hope it works. I tried the headset buddy but was really disappointed in build quality and couldn't make it work anyway. Wish me luck, and thanks for your help