Windows 10 stuck on loading screen

Go to solution Solved by Ensho,
20 minutes ago, ShinyHunterDestroyer said:

Man, that really sucks.  Don't I wish I have everything on a backup.  Is there no other way in order to make Windows work again?

There may be, but I am afraid I do not know what to tell you unfortunately.  If you are getting a screen and can go into the bios, and aren't getting any memory artifacts I imagine the card itself is fine.  It sounds like somehow the boot loader got corrupted.  Even though you were using the IGP on your cpu, there still is a driver it uses to communicate with the OS and it needed to be uninstalled first before putting the the discrete gpu.

I just tried a new graphics card (RX 480) and I thought it was successful. However, after plugging the pc in the monitor, windows 10 booted up. Then the windows logo popped up with the spinning dots on the bottom of the scree. This would go on pretty much forever. What can I do to fix this?

Reset cmos? Turn it off and on?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Reset cmos? Turn it off and on?

I've tried turning it off an on and after awhile its brings me to the Advanced Options page.  

1 minute ago, ShinyHunterDestroyer said:

I've tried turning it off an on and after awhile its brings me to the Advanced Options page.  

Just click continue to windows. Usually boots normally for me.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Just click continue to windows. Usually boots normally for me.

tried that already to.  It gets stuck on the windows loading screen

2 minutes ago, ShinyHunterDestroyer said:

tried that already to.  It gets stuck on the windows loading screen

Did you try reseating it or reseting the cmos?

My current rig:

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Did you try reseating it or reseting the cmos?

How do I reset the cmos?

How do I reset the cmos?

turn of the computer fully and remove the power from the psu and take out the little battery on your mobo for 30 seconds then put it back and turn your computer on.

My current rig:

Just now, hconverse02 said:

turn of the computer fully and remove the power from the psu and take out the little battery on your mobo for 30 seconds then put it back and turn your computer on.

check google if you are confused.

My current rig:

Did you uninstall the old drivers before you switched out cards?  May be the OS is looking for the old GPU and you are having driver conflicts.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Where would the battery be located?  Does it depend on motherboard?

3 minutes ago, Ensho said:

Did you uninstall the old drivers before you switched out cards?  May be the OS is looking for the old GPU and you are having driver conflicts.

I used the IGPU in my 6600k before I installed my new GPU.

Where would the battery be located?  Does it depend on motherboard?

Underneath where the gpu usually is

My current rig:

What mobo do you have?  There may be a clear CMOS button on it and if that is the case all you have to do is press it rather than removing the battery.

It may be just as simple as turning IGP in the bios to disabled or auto and changing the 1st PCIe slot to primary.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

6 minutes ago, Ensho said:

What mobo do you have?  There may be a clear CMOS button on it and if that is the case all you have to do is press it rather than removing the battery.

It may be just as simple as turning IGP in the bios to disabled or auto and changing the 1st PCIe slot to primary.

This is the mobo i have...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FRkwrH/gigabyte-motherboard-gah170md3hddr3

I have turned IGP off and it does not fix it.

14 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Underneath where the gpu usually is

Reseting cmos sadly had no effect

I have had something similar to this for other reasons happen.  Re-installing the OS was the only way to fix it for me.  Does the computer boot if you remove the GPU?

I have had something similar to this for other reasons happen.  Re-installing the OS was the only way to fix it for me.  Does the computer boot if you remove the GPU?

Last time I tested it, no

It gets stuck at the same spot.

What is your hdd boot priority?

my ssd

Is that the bios setting?  If so, sadly you may be forced to reinstall the OS.  If you have all your data on a back up drive all will be good.  Situations such as this is why I always store my data on a separate drive.  Got burned too many times experimenting with overclocking back in the day and my boot loader would get corrupted and Windows would fail to load.

Is that the bios setting?  If so, sadly you may be forced to reinstall the OS.  If you have all your data on a back up drive all will be good.  Situations such as this is why I always store my data on a separate drive.  Got burned too many times experimenting with overclocking back in the day and my boot loader would get corrupted and Windows would fail to load.

Man, that really sucks.  Don't I wish I have everything on a backup.  Is there no other way in order to make Windows work again?

20 minutes ago, ShinyHunterDestroyer said:

There may be, but I am afraid I do not know what to tell you unfortunately.  If you are getting a screen and can go into the bios, and aren't getting any memory artifacts I imagine the card itself is fine.  It sounds like somehow the boot loader got corrupted.  Even though you were using the IGP on your cpu, there still is a driver it uses to communicate with the OS and it needed to be uninstalled first before putting the the discrete gpu.

so the best way is to reinstall windows?

1 hour ago, ShinyHunterDestroyer said:

so the best way is to reinstall windows?

You can try these options perhaps:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

Should work the same for 10