Hard Drive Issues

Lazz45

Okay so my one hard drive suddenly started acting weird once I upgraded my cpu from an fx8350 to an i7 6700k and reinstalled windows. Upon booting and during use my storage drive is pegged at max active time constantly but is reading/writing kb/s or nothing at all. Windows in responsive until a program needs information off of that drive or I try to run a program off of it then programs slow down until a few minutes later whatever program was trying to load loads and then it's back to normal until the cycle repeats.

So far I have tried

1. New Sata cable

2. New Sata port

3. Turned off superfetch and the other thing to turn off

4. Made sure there was no page filing on that drive

It's really strange because it seemed fine a few days ago before the windows reinstall but I can't be sure because I had some weird issues before the install that I attributed to the new processor, mobo, and ram. If anyone knows anything about this issue or what it may be please let me know because it really makes my computer unusable until I fix this.

Here is what my usage looks like normally:  https://gyazo.com/6006598d1f65f98ce03592ed2478231d

• CPU: Fx-8350 || Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 || Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X OC r9 290 || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro || Storage: Seagate 1TB (Main Storage), Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB external (backups/Media) || PSU: Raidmax 730 Watt || Displays: 2x 2x Acer 21.5" S220HQL || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

•