Best way to reinstall windows ?

Omseik

I have an Alienware laptop and sometimes I get some blue screens and before I will send it to warranty I want to make sure a clean install of windows will fix or not the problem.

Every time when I want to reinstall the windows, I'm doing it from bios because I want every file to be new.

But, some friends told me that from windows 10, I can reinstall it from setting and will do exactly the same thing but easier.

What do you think? Will be the same thing? Will a clean install be better than the standard windows reset?

3 minutes ago, Omseik said:

I have an Alienware laptop and sometimes I get some blue screens and before I will send it to warranty I want to make sure a clean install of windows will fix or not the problem.

Every time when I want to reinstall the windows, I'm doing it from bios because I want every file to be new.

But, some friends told me that from windows 10, I can reinstall it from setting and will do exactly the same thing but easier.

What do you think? Will be the same thing? Will a clean install be better than the standard windows reset?

No and yes but before you reinstall Windows. blue screen sometimes indicates that you have a hardware problem what error codes do you get?

(A clean install from usb is the best way)

If you want it to be clean clean, you'll want to zero out the drives before doing a reinstall. This wipes data from the drives and overwrites it with zeros, making data recovery pretty much impossible. 

A good method is to have a USB with a bootable Linux distro on it, zero the drives from there, then use another USB with the Windows installer on it to install a fresh copy of Windows. 

Post your errors in the BSOD subforum. You might be able to solve your problems without reinstalling windows

Hello

Its best to do it from a usb, but you can do it through windows and it SHOULD (in theory) work similarly but for best results a usb is best 

10 minutes ago, Mark17 said:

No and yes but before you reinstall Windows. blue screen sometimes indicates that you have a hardware problem what error codes do you get?

(A clean install from usb is the best way)

I get few errors, but the most one which I received it many times is "Stop code Memory Management". So, I tried to check the ram if it works properly. I checked it from bios with a tool which I can't remember the name. Everything is fine. I tried with the dell software, it checked the ram and it is still OK. Dell also tried to check from bios as well and again everything is OK. 

However dell software found some problems with the bluescreen but was something different, and the software said all of these were fixed ... 

EDIT:

The other blue screen errors are:

System service exception

Critical process died

And was 1 more, which I cant remember.

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you want it to be clean clean, you'll want to zero out the drives before doing a reinstall. This wipes data from the drives and overwrites it with zeros, making data recovery pretty much impossible. 

A good method is to have a USB with a bootable Linux distro on it, zero the drives from there, then use another USB with the Windows installer on it to install a fresh copy of Windows. 

I don't think I need to do that, maybe only if I will need to send it back to dell, otherwise I will use it again.

Edited by Omseik
added more blue screens error