Website Hosting

Hello all,

I'm looking for a free or very cheap website host to host my own custom domain that supports me entering my own MX & SPF records, as my domain is bought through GoDaddy and if you  change the nameservers from their own you must change the MX and SPF records on the hosts end - a pain in the backside I know.

It is for a small non-for-profit organisation that I am trying to start up giving people IT support as a way to improve my skill and help others for free,so I would really appreciate your help - no suggestion is wrong or stupid in my eyes.

Thanks a bunch :)

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

Are you a student? http://webhostingforstudents.com

Otherwise I would just use GoDaddy. Basically as cheap and reliable as you will get. You may be able to save a few pennies elsewhere, although I would pay a few bucks more for GoDaddy because they are reliable and have good support.

(I have used both of these hosts and I approve them... :))

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

Are you a student? http://webhostingforstudents.com

Otherwise I would just use GoDaddy. Basically as cheap and reliable as you will get. You may be able to save a few pennies elsewhere, although I would pay a few bucks more for GoDaddy because they are reliable and have good support.

Thank-You for that, I'll check out that link - technically I am a student, I'm an apprentice.

Thanks for your help!

Much love 

1 minute ago, JackHubbleday said:

Thank-You for that, I'll check out that link - technically I am a student, I'm an apprentice.

Thanks for your help!

Much love 

They are fairly loose on checking if you are a student or not. If you have taken a school course or gone to university in the few year you should be fine.

They are fairly loose on checking if you are a student or not. If you have taken a school course or gone to university in the few year you should be fine.

Fresh out of school, well like June 2016 haha

5 minutes ago, JackHubbleday said:

Fresh out of school, well like June 2016 haha

Then you should be fine. I am a student and I signed up without them really asking anything about my education.

Then you should be fine. I am a student and I signed up without them really asking anything about my education.

Did you go for the $25 or $50 package?

Did you go for the $25 or $50 package?

I went for the reseller hosting package because I make websites as a hobby and have around 5 clients. I believe Web Hosting for Students hosts everyone's websites on servers from https://www.ovh.com

I went for the reseller hosting package because I make websites as a hobby and have around 5 clients. I believe Web Hosting for Students hosts everyone's websites on servers from https://www.ovh.com

Thanks for your help, I'm thinking maybe GoDaddy because all mydomains are there anyway :) 

Thanks for your help, I'm thinking maybe GoDaddy because all mydomains are there anyway :) 

Up to you! GoDaddy will definitely be easier if you have all your domains already on there.

Just now, mpsparrow said:

Up to you! GoDaddy will definitely be easier if you have all your domains already on there.

Yeah, Not too expensive either!

Just now, JackHubbleday said:

Yeah, Not too expensive either!

It does go up after renewal. If you peek they usually give you a base price, but once you renew it goes up a few bucks.

11 hours ago, mpsparrow said:

It does go up after renewal. If you peek they usually give you a base price, but once you renew it goes up a few bucks.

Yeah, not much though :)