NV surround do all monitors have to be identicle?

MekaStrix

Hi,

So basically what the title says do all monitors have to be exactly the same to work in NV surround?

Thanks

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

Hi,

So basically what the title says do all monitors have to be exactly the same to work in NV surround?

Thanks

No different monitor or resolution can work too

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No different monitor or resolution can work too

thats good thanks for the info I was thinking of either going with one pg348q ultra wide or getting two mg248q and a single pg348q for the centre panel I think but am not 100% sure the mg248q use the exact same panel as the pg248q the difference being the mg ones are freesync and the pg348q is g-sync 

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I would get three of the same type if you plan on gaming on them. Otherwise mixed sizes and resolution works. I use three 28" 4K 60hz IPS displays and game on the center one and it works perfectly.

well I will use them all for gaming for racing games but any other games I will use single panel which is why I was thinking of getting 2 mg248q for the outer monitors and a single pg248q for the centre they use the same tn panel just the pg model has g-sync which I don't use in racing games anyway 

Video card should mitigate different models and resolutions.  While there are advantages of keeping them the same, the setup will work, as long as it is within the limits of what the video card can handle.

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

The fact that one is G-Sync and the others are Free-Sync might cause your PC to throw a fit. I would recommend buying three identical displays. Mostly so you don't have problems. It would work in theory, but having to mess with the nVidia control panel whenever you want to play with all three displays seems redundant. 

maybe I will go with three mg248q's then I don't really want to pay £400 each for three 1080 gsync panels lol I don't really see a lot of benefit of gsync at 144hz anyway I still get stutter in games like forza horizon 3 even with g-sync it actually makes it worse so thats why I don't use gsync for racing games now but I would like more panels of similar size or the other option is a single ultrawide pg348q. Will my Nvidia GPU have issues with freesync panels I currently have a strix 1080 

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

No issues, just no variable refresh rate technology will be enabled with a Free-Sync panel plugged into a nVidia card. I think G/Free-Sync panels are mostly good for pushing higher resolutions with cards that can't do it well. Like I would have bought three 4K G-Sync displays if they were released at the time when I was buying the displays but oh well. Yes, for 1080p 144hz I think you will be fine.

Shame I can't see these panels before I buy them xD I currently have an Acer XB270HU 1440p IPS 144hz Gsync panel i'm not so bothered about IPS vs TN i'm happy with either as long as it's not VA as VA tends to suffer ghosting in my experience but I am concerned about the pixel pitch on a 1080p 24" i've only ever owned a 1680x1050 16:10 22" before I got 1440p so I don't know how much crisper a 1440p 27" is vs a 1080p 24" 

In my exp, it'll adjust everything to the lowest common resolution. I dont know if they changed that more recently

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

That's all completely due to pixel density. I had a 24" 1080p monitor and it looked very good as far as the "sharpness" goes. There are 24" 4K monitor's available from Dell and ASUS which is fucking crazy, talk about eye exam 101... even 28" with 4K looks really damn good. Although the Dell 32" monitor that's 8K they showed off at CES would be my ideal kind of screen. Granted I would wait for GPU's to play catch up.

yeah i'm not into 4k yet I will be waiting until single gpu's can push 80fps+ at 4k before I go there I personally think 1080p and 1440p are here to stay for a few more years yet. I was all up for getting a 1440p ultra wide but they seemed to go through some big hype in 2015 and first half of 2016 but now not much seems to be happening with them like  only a few brands have come out with 1440p 100hz ultrawide panels and games still don't seem to support them flawlessly. I also heard fps games are awful on wide screens so I was thinking triple panel may be the best option as I can go to single centre panel for some games and racing games I can go full triple although i am still unsure between triple 1080p and ultrawide 1440p

1 hour ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I would recommend the 1440p ultra wide, because of the bezels between three screens unless they feature thin bezels for 3 screen setups. Yes the resolution is a little strange, but for the games you would like to play, your good either way.

Will going from 144hz down to 100hz be noticeable in games like Overwatch or CS:GO? also do you know if they fixed proper support for ultrawide and Overwatch? I know originally they just zoomed the game to make it look ultrawide lol