I messed up my internet

Stjanki

So I was messing with the dns settings in my computer and now I can't access the internet. When I try accessing a website, I get the message "There is something wrong with the proxy server or the address is incorrect. It suggests that I disable proxy servers in chrome, which it already is. and when I run windows diagnostics I get this message. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (web proxy) is not responding". Some sources tell me to go into the change adapter settings and selecting internet protocol version 4 and six and selecting obtain IP address and dns servers automatically but that hasn't helped. I am running on windows 10 and I am connected to a college dorm wifi. If anyone has any tips, I would be grateful

Restart the thing? Try diffrent WiFi network? I dont know what your exact problem is, sry

5 minutes ago, Stjanki said:

So I was messing with the dns settings in my computer and now I can't access the internet. When I try accessing a website, I get the message "There is something wrong with the proxy server or the address is incorrect. It suggests that I disable proxy servers in chrome, which it already is. and when I run windows diagnostics I get this message. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (web proxy) is not responding". Some sources tell me to go into the change adapter settings and selecting internet protocol version 4 and six and selecting obtain IP address and dns servers automatically but that hasn't helped. I am running on windows 10 and I am connected to a college dorm wifi. If anyone has any tips, I would be grateful

Reset it back to normal.

The geek himself.

I would guess you left something enabled, or some field that was empty occupied. I would try restoring the computer to a previous point

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

Go back and change the settings you messed with.

Namely, in internet options (in windows) make sure you have proxy disabled. In your internet connection settings, make sure that you have DNS server and IP address settings set to auto.

When in doubt, re-format.

28 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Reset it back to normal.

That's the thing. I don't remember what I did :(