Monitor help views on 1440p 144mhz/ gsync

Stellammattum

So I have recently built my pc and  it is time to get a new monitor, I have been using my 40 inch samsung tv so far. To me it seems its a waste of power just using it for 1080p when it should crush 1440p. So I have been looking at monitors and i can't decide whether gysnc should be used or not. The price increase of gsync seems insane and if it isn't going to help me I am not  a huge gamer mostly play wow. Though I May do some editing when i finally get time. Im just wanting a monitor that will last me awhile and that I will be happy with no matter what I plan to do. I have been looking at a few but i really like this asus ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27-inch Gaming Monitor. Im just not liking the price... The free sync version of it is 3-400 cheaper. If you have any recommendations let me know. It has to be IPS I hate the tn panels. Thanks everyone Pc build is in my profile if you want to check it out.

10 hours ago, Thread212 said:

U cannot use free sync with nvidia card. and it will only help u on gaming.

If u want a decent ips panel u can go here 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#p=1

Monitor with G-sync are always a bit expensive compared to free sync counterparts.

Thank you for the response, however  I do know the free sync won't work with it and I do know that it will only help in gaming I'm just wondering if it is actually worth the cost if you only play a few games. Maybe I worded my question wrong if so my apologies. ( I was in a microbiology class so wasn't proof reading) I have looked at all of the pcpart pickers monitors. I guess what I should have said was . If the extra cost gives any value or will it be neglible.