GoPro help

Zethlon

Hello there

So in a few weeks i am going on a skiing trip, and i am considering buying the new Gopro hero 5. What i am wondering if i will need the protective housing to keep the camera safe, or if it will handle falling and that just fine. Hope someone can help me make a decision about this?

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, Zethlon said:

Hello there

So in a few weeks i am going on a skiing trip, and i am considering buying the new Gopro hero 5. What i am wondering if i will need the protective housing to keep the camera safe, or if it will handle falling and that just fine. Hope someone can help me make a decision about this?

Thanks in advance

if it anit too expensive go with it as a safe guard

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

if it anit too expensive go with it as a safe guard

Well, its about 100 dollars, and wont it inhibit the microphone a use of voice commands?

16 minutes ago, Zethlon said:

Well, its about 100 dollars, and wont it inhibit the microphone a use of voice commands?

The case definitely doesn't do any favors to the microphone, but do you really need to hear yourself sliding on snow? Also, voice controls aren't something very important: you hit record and do your stuff. When you're done you just push the record button again.

6 minutes ago, Puhtutz said:

The case definitely doesn't do any favors to the microphone, but do you really need to hear yourself sliding on snow? Also, voice controls aren't something very important: you hit record and do your stuff. When you're done you just push the record button again.

Its useful when needing to do something on the fly, without having to take of helmet whereever you have it mounted

2 hours ago, Zethlon said:

Its useful when needing to do something on the fly, without having to take of helmet whereever you have it mounted

I would read on ther website and see what they rate of for without the caseing. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"