Losing connection speed/ping when using a wired connection on an access point?

Motron

I'm wondering if I will lose dl/ul speed and get a higher ping in games when I change from a wired connection on my main router to a wired connection on an access point. 

4 minutes ago, Motron said:

I'm wondering if I will lose dl/ul speed and get a higher ping in games when I change from a wired connection on my main router to a wired connection on an access point. 

You will always lose in everything connection when comparing wired to wireless. Wired > wireless just in case that wasn't clear.

1 minute ago, Undertaker225 said:

You will always lose in everything connection when comparing wired to wireless. Wired > wireless just in case that wasn't clear.

Yeah that's understood, but I'm referring to going from two different wired connections. The first is directly to my main router and I'm wondering if I will lose dl/ul speed and get a higher ping when I switch from that to a wired connection on an access point

1 minute ago, Motron said:

Yeah that's understood, but I'm referring to going from two different wired connections. The first is directly to my main router and I'm wondering if I will lose dl/ul speed and get a higher ping when I switch from that to a wired connection on an access point

Are you referring to an enterprise-grade AP or a SOHO AP? If you are referring to an enterprise-grade AP, such as Cisco then you should not do that regardless of what the answer is, it's more of a malpractice kind of thing. As for a SOHO router/AP then the connection should be relatively the same if you aren't losing anything from adding extra hops to your router.