Upgrading to ssd from hdd

Lolcrokn

So i have 1 tb hdd and I am thinking of getting a new ssd to use as a boot drive and place for primary applications.

Out of 1tb 800gb is taken and im buying 240gb ssd so i cant just clone and thats it.

As far as i know i will have to fresh install windows, which is not an issue. my main concern is what to do afterwards since i want to re-use hard disk ?? what to do with windows on it, drivers, games etc.

Thanks in advance!

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

Just plug it in along with your ssd.

You will have to reinstall ur games though.

i use my 960 evo 250gb as my bootdisk and then i have a disk for games and a server for mass storage once you have installed you os drivers and updates and what other software you use. a 250 for most people should be fine with a hdd as mass storage for files and games to run off anything that you dont really need on your bootdisk.

there is software to clone your drive over to another and set it up to boot from but i like to do a clean install start new. 

18 minutes ago, xentropa said:

Just plug it in along with your ssd.

You will have to reinstall ur games though.

So i need to remove everything from my hdd, install all the necessary stuff on ssd and start fresh ? 

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

It's alright, after you clean install you can literally just delete the os folders and be fine.

So i can just go into win explorer and just delete windows just like that or is there a specific way if so, please link a vid or something

1 hour ago, Lolcrokn said:

So i need to remove everything from my hdd, install all the necessary stuff on ssd and start fresh ? 

You dont have to but I guess if u want to save space then yes u can do that.

1 hour ago, Lolcrokn said:

So i can just go into win explorer and just delete windows just like that or is there a specific way if so, please link a vid or something

Doing that wont delete the master boot record on the hdd so it COULD still show up as a boot drive and result in some kind of error if u tried to boot from it.

BUT..

If your concern is that having two disks with windows on it might mess up your computer, dont worry it cant.  You should probably s3t the boot priority to your ssd in the bios settings.