How to restore from file history in 8.1 of a specific directory?

GhostRavenstorm

Wow, documentation and how-tos is incredibly hard to find on windows file history, or at least what I found doesn't help my case.

I recently had another hardware failure and this time I've been using File History to back everything up. Now the question is how to I restore a drive that doesn't exist? I made a VHD with the same drive letter and I'm totally stuck on how to get File History to restore the original data that my failed drive had under this directory to the new VHD one. I can open File History itself and look at all the revisions, but I added each drive letter as a library in Windows so File History would even back it up (because it doesn't let you choose specific directories for some odd reason), so now the revision history is literally the root content of all three of my drives under backup thrown into one list. I don't even remember which folders were in the specific drive I want to recover, so how to I filter that?

Also, if I wanted to simply drag and copy the files in FileHistory/User/Computer/Data/DriveLetter, is there an easy way to rename my files so they don't contain the time stamp in the filename that file history adds?