Stupid question

jonasa97
Go to solution Solved by KieranThePCGuy,

Hello,

I'm gonna purchase a copy of BF4 just to see how bad it is. However, I am concerned that I might not be able to install it since I have no access to online purchases and I don't own a DVD drive. I'm simply looking for some confirmation that the code inside the box is the same code with which I can redeem my game?!

When my brother got BF3 on Disc. He was required to connect to Origin and then sign in to authenticate the code. The disc was just there to install the files instead of downloading them. However, I have heard that there is 700MB of further updates you have to download.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

I'm gonna purchase a copy of BF4 just to see how bad it is. However, I am concerned that I might not be able to install it since I have no access to online purchases and I don't own a DVD drive. I'm simply looking for some confirmation that the code inside the box is the same code with which I can redeem my game?!

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Hello,

When my brother got BF3 on Disc. He was required to connect to Origin and then sign in to authenticate the code. The disc was just there to install the files instead of downloading them. However, I have heard that there is 700MB of further updates you have to download.

I hope this helps.

Edited by KieranThePCGuy

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

When my brother got BF3 on Disc. He was required to connect to Origin to authenticate and put in the code. The disc was just there to install the files instead of downloading them. However, I have heard that there is 700MB of further updates you have to download.

I hope this helps.

Thank you. This answered my question. My connection is at 5MB/s in my room so downloading is no issue for me.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Thank you. This answered my question. My connection is at 5MB/s in my room so downloading is no issue for me.

You'll be fine then. Good luck!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

To further back up my point; I had Dead Space 1 on disc for PC. I put in the code from that on Origin and it redeemed all okay!

EDIT: Just to give you piece of mind: https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin#13